If you like rich, spicy and aromatic Italian cuisine, then you will definitely like this recipe. Canned dried tomatoes are just a godsend for those who are sorely lacking space in the refrigerator to store workpieces or simply do not have a cellar. Dried tomatoes, they are also called dried, canned in this way, are incredibly tasty, and I use a filling of them for cooking salads, for pickling meat. And I liked just sprinkled dried bread with tomato oil, very appetizing!
- tomatoes - 2 kilograms;
- refined sunflower oil - 1 cup;
- a couple of sprigs of rosemary, basil and oregano;
- bay leaf a couple of little things;
- a mixture of peppers - 1 teaspoon;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
Canned Dried Tomatoes. Step by step recipe
- Wash the tomatoes well, dry them on a towel.
- Cut in half and remove the middle with pits with a teaspoon. From the pulp of tomatoes, you can make tomato juice. With the cut side down, place the tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Put the tomatoes in the oven to dry. It will take at least 4 hours.
- The approximate temperature in the oven is 90-100 ° С, dry the tomatoes with the door ajar.
- In clean, sterilized jars, put still warm tomatoes, sprinkling them with herbs, a mixture of peppers and bay leaf.
- In a tank with a thick bottom, heat the sunflower oil with finely chopped garlic and salt almost to a boil, but do not boil.
- Pour the tomatoes with greens with hot sunflower oil, seal the jar with a lid.
- Wrap in a blanket until cool.
I hasten to repeat that such canned dried tomatoes are perfectly stored even at room temperature. And in winter, what a delicious salad they get with them, and first courses. This can not be described in words, it is necessary to try. “I love to cook” wishes you delicious preparations. And be sure to try cooking canned tomatoes with mushrooms and canned tomatoes with peppers and onions.