A rare and controversial cilantro supplement is present in many recipes of Georgian cuisine. It has a tart aftertaste and a touch of bitterness. Harvested tomatoes, canned with cilantro, acquire a pronounced flavoring tone, emphasizing the characteristics of the variety. Combining in a bouquet of preservation or cooked dishes, cilantro can give a poignancy.
- any kind of sweet tomato - 2 kilograms;
- onion with a pronounced taste (Sterling is possible) - 2 things per can;
- cilantro greens - 300 grams;
- sweet red pepper - a couple of pieces;
- parsley, onion greens - 100 grams;
- garlic - 2 cloves.
The marinade consists of:
- two types of oils (sunflower, olive) - 100 grams;
- salt, sugar - about one tablespoon each;
- spicy spices to taste.
Attention! A feature of this recipe is the complete absence of water. All ingredients are marinated in their own juices. The main preservative is spices and oils.
Canned tomatoes with cilantro. Step by step recipe
- Slice the tomatoes into slices.
- Pass the garlic through a blender and let all the greens go with it.
- Grind sweet red pepper into cubes. Add to the mass to the greens.
- Dissolve flavors in oils, creating a marinade.
- Fill the jar with the following sequence: layers of tomato - pepper and greens - marinade.
- Let each layer let the juice run for ten minutes.
- After filling the jar, put it to infuse for about 4-5 hours. Shake periodically.
- Then put the jars of salad in a pot of water to be sterilized for 10-12 minutes from the moment of boiling water.
- Roll up the lid and wrap in a blanket.
The vitamin value of this salad is high. It carries all the bright colors of taste and a lot of additional elements. Oils extract the entire beneficial composition of vegetables and herbs.
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking canned tomatoes with red pepper and canned tomatoes with bell pepper.