Korean dishes have firmly entered our lives because they are very tasty and healthy: a salad of carrots, beets and cabbage in Korean is just a storehouse of vitamins. It is prepared very easily from those products that are in our refrigerators at any time of the year. An unusually bright, fragrant and very delicious Korean salad is not only an everyday dish, but also a real decoration of the festive table. Vegetables in Korean will appeal to everyone: their sweet and sour spicy taste gives real pleasure.
- 500 grams of white cabbage;
- 1 large beetroot;
- 1 large carrot;
- 80 milliliters 9% vinegar;
- 100 milliliters of vegetable oil;
- a pinch of black and red ground pepper;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 0.5 teaspoon ground coriander;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt (to taste).
Korean carrot, beet and cabbage salad. Step by step recipe
All prepared foods will be placed in a deep bowl to make it easier to mix.
- Thinly shred the cabbage (using a knife or a special shredder — this is convenient for you).
- Carrots and beets, previously peeled and well washed, are grated in Korean for carrots (if this is not possible, you can use an ordinary coarse grater or cut all the vegetables into thin strips, as Korean cooks do).
- Mix all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Add salt (you can according to the recipe, or you can just to your taste - this is not important) and rub it with your hands so that the vegetables let the juice and become softer.
- Rub the garlic on a fine grater (immediately into a bowl), season, quite abundantly, with coriander and black pepper. Sprinkle with a little red pepper. Add prescription sugar.
- Pour all over with vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- We shift it into the dishes with a tight-fitting lid and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (preferably even at night). Korean salad should be well marinated.
I want to offer a slightly different variation of this recipe: I like it more.
- Shred cabbage, carrots and beets in the same way as in the first recipe.
- We also add salt and grind all the vegetables until they let the juice and become softer.
- Cut one onion into half rings and fry the whole amount of vegetable oil until golden brown. Pour the prepared vegetables with hot (boiling) oil.
- Now we will add all the spices (in this order: first oil, then spices: so that they retain aroma and taste).
- Add sugar, pepper (red and black), coriander and chopped garlic. Mix well.
- Season with vinegar.
Tip: pour the vinegar gradually, try to keep the acids in moderation.
- Let the Korean vegetable salad infuse at room temperature for at least three hours, then put it in the refrigerator.
Ready-made Korean vegetable salads have one very important quality: the longer they stand, the tastier they become. You can cook such a salad for the future and get it when unexpected guests arrive. You can use them as a snack or as side dishes. You can serve Korean-style salads for breakfast, lunch or dinner: after all, the more vegetables we eat, the better for our body. On the site "I like to cook" you will find other recipes for Korean salads.