Chicken galantine is a traditional French recipe. The dish turns out unusual, tasty and will complement the variety of cold meats on your table if you want to cook it. And at the heart is an ordinary chicken. Making galantine takes time and effort, but it's worth it. So, let's get started? And it will help us in this video from the youtub channel.
- chicken fillet;
- chicken skin;
- 2 boneless legs;
- 150 ml cream 33% fat;
- a jar of olives;
- 1.5 tablespoon of mayonnaise for pouring;
Galantin from chicken. Step by step recipe
- Divide the chicken breast into large and small fillets. Cut the large fillet in half lengthwise. The small one needs to remove the central vein.
- Beat each part so that all the pieces become thin and approximately equal in thickness.
- Twist the minced meat into legs. Add salt, pepper and stir in the cream gradually (less than 20% fat is better not to take). You should have a viscous mass that can be easily smeared. All components of galantine from chicken are ready. You can start the assembly!
- On the film, lay out slices of fillet overlap (about 1 centimeter) so that during processing there are no cracks on the surface of galantine. Salt, pepper.
- Spread the prepared minced meat evenly on the meat layer, leaving the edges free (1.5-2 centimeters each) so that the roll is easily curled.
- Arrange the olives on the minced meat. Do not put a lot, focus on your taste preferences and so that the galantine looks beautiful in the context.
- Roll everything into a roll.
- Spread chicken skin on the table, roll the roll on it and wrap it (but you can cook without it).
- Formed roll roll tightly in several layers of cling film.
- Put the galantine on a baking sheet, pour either hot water or half the broth.
- Cover the mold with foil and place in the oven preheated to 150-160 degrees for 1.5 hours.
- Periodically look under the foil: there should be soaring, if it suddenly boils, turn down the heat.
- Remove, let cool completely in the broth. Then put the roll on a separate dish and put in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Strain the broth, we will need it for jelly.
- Expand the well-cooled roll. And get some chicken galantine decoration.
- Remove the fat from the strained broth, measure 0.5 liters and dilute a bag of instant gelatin in it (follow the instructions on the package).
- Prepare a mayonnaise-gelatin solution: add 150 milliliters of solution (from 0.5 liters) to mayonnaise.
- Put the roll on a spatula so that all excess flows out. In three steps, fill the galantine with a fill: until a smooth shiny surface is obtained.
- Between fillings, send the dish to the refrigerator to catch.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, so that the top layer is well frozen.
- Cut the half of the roll into thin slices and place everything beautifully on a serving platter.
- In several steps, fill the roll and cut the remaining gelatin solution.
- Use the stem of leek as a decoration: thinly cut and arrange in the form of flowers. Grease the decor with a gelatin solution.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled, and then pour gelatin on to a smooth, uniform surface.
- Put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours again.
Cooking galantine from chicken is not as troublesome as it might seem! As a decorative filling, you can use not only olives: you can lay out the boiled eggs in a chain, you can put boiled carrot cubes, bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, ham, mushrooms, dried fruits. The site "I like to cook" is pleased to share with you new culinary masterpieces.