Steamed Chinese buns are magnificent in every respect: very tasty, elegant, satisfying. Try to prepare a dish of Chinese cuisine at home for your family - and they will be pleasantly surprised. Buns are quick to prepare and are obtained "excellently" even by a young housewife. This is the perfect meal for a family breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- wheat flour - 600 grams;
- a bunch of green onions;
- vegetable oil;
- water with a temperature of 35 C - 340 milliliters;
- dry yeast - 2 teaspoons.
Mix "5 spices":
- star anise - 20 grams;
- 10 grams of caraway seeds;
- 10 grams of cinnamon;
- 8 grams of dried garlic (powder);
- 20 grams of Sichuan pepper.
Chinese steamed buns with green onions. Step by step recipe
Tip. I want to tell you how to cook an incredibly tasty, fragrant mixture of five spices. Take: Sichuan pepper, cinnamon (can be ground), star anise, caraway seeds, dried garlic and all together we pound in a mortar: the aromatic mixture is ready.
- We cultivate yeast in warm water (mix well until the yeast is completely dissolved and the temperature of the water for yeast must be prescription). Leave the yeast for five minutes: until the yeast cap appears.
- Add 6 grams of salt to the wheat flour and mix well (I sift the flour for buns).
- Then we pour the yeast into the flour and knead the dough for the steamed buns (I start kneading the dough with a spoon, and then I switch to kneading the dough with my hands).
- We cover the finished dough for Chinese steam buns with cling film and put in a warm place for an hour for proofing.
- Finely chop the green onion with a knife.
- We roll out the dough for buns into a rectangular shape using a rolling pin, a little grease with vegetable oil, salt (try to salt the dough evenly), sprinkle the dough with a mixture of five spices and spread the chopped green onion evenly throughout the dough.
- Then roll the dough with onions in a tight roll and cut into small pieces (small rolls) with a sharp knife.
- And now we begin to form a Chinese bun. To do this: take one piece with the seam up, put the second roll into it. Dip the Chinese chopstick (special chopsticks) in flour and place it in the middle of the upper roll, press firmly (the rolls stick together very well), pull the chopstick out - the Chinese bun is ready.
- Ready buns are left to proof for 10 minutes.
- After this time, we cook onion buns in a double boiler for a couple of 15 minutes.
Very soft, tender lean buns, steamed, can be made by each of you - do not even hesitate. Onions and fragrant spices give the dish a special piquancy. A delicious second course goes well with soy sauce. It is so delicious that you want to eat one bun after another.
“I love to cook” wishes you good luck in the kitchen and bon appetit.