In modern kitchen conditions, it is very simple to prepare a classic Pesto sauce. With the help of mixers, blenders and combines, you can easily grind, whisk and mix all the necessary products. Our grandmothers worked with mortars and manually pounded the ingredients - and this required a lot of time and effort. Today I will introduce one of my favorite Italian sauces. So, for starters, let's decide on the products necessary to create a classic Pesto.
- 1 bunch of basil - 100 grams;
- Parmesan cheese - 50 grams;
- 120 grams of olive oil;
- 3 medium cloves of garlic;
- 30 grams of pine nuts;
- salt to taste.
Classic pesto sauce. Step by step recipe
Making the perfect Italian sauce with basil is very simple, so you can make it even at home. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- We take a frying pan and put on low heat, heat it.
- Pour peeled pine nuts and fry them.
- In a separate bowl, tear with your hands 100 grams of basil leaves: first, rinse the herbs.
- Getting started with garlic. We clean the three middle cloves, and on the chopping board we chop them very finely.
- Parmesan cheese must be grated on a medium grater: we get airy cheese chips.
- All prepared ingredients, namely: basil, cheese, garlic, olive oil, nuts - put in a blender bowl and chop.
- After you can put our green sauce in a beautiful little bowl and serve with meat or fish.
So we prepared homemade Pesto sauce, which perfectly decorates a huge number of meat, fish dishes, as well as Italian spaghetti.
The above recipe talks about the classic way to make Pesto sauce at home. For example, it can be not only green, but also red, yellow and purple. The technology of their preparation is the same, the difference is only in the components. So, the following options are prepared from such ingredients:
- Red pesto: grind parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, fried pine nuts, olive oil, pepper and salt in a blender. If you wish, you can season everything with balsamic vinegar;
- for yellow pesto we mix cheese, nuts and basil: you can season with garlic, olive oil and salt;
- purple sauce is prepared according to the same principle as the classic recipe: only instead of green basil, add purple leaves.
Home-made Pesto sauce can decorate a huge number of your dishes. I will give you some tips, after reading which you will learn the secrets of culinary art.
- Pesto sauce with basil goes very well with fish meat: you can take salmon fillet and wrap it with a thin slice of chopped ham. Top with light olive oil and bake in the oven. Serve with homemade pesto sauce.
- In order for it to be stored longer, it must be properly packed. Sterilize a glass container, pour our sauce with basil there. Put the vessel in the refrigerator.
- Instead of pine nuts, you can use almond or hazelnut.
- Olive oil sauce can be used in pizza, instead of tomato. The best options are grilled vegetables and various salads: with which it gives an amazing result.
So we examined the features of the preparation of classic Pesto sauce. You can get acquainted with him in more detail (and not only) on the site "I like to cook."