One of our subscribers asked for a recipe for quick pickles. I hadn’t prepared them before, but I simply had to satisfy the request. I turned to my mother-in-law for a recipe, I have a walking encyclopedia of preparations, and it turned out that there is a recipe, and it is very old, and I ate such cucumbers many times, without even knowing how she cooks them. The recipe for the cold method of pickling cucumbers is quite simple. And cucumbers will tell you just a bomb, they are very similar to barrel ones.
- cucumbers - 2 kilograms;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- black pepper peas - 8 pieces;
- horseradish leaves - 2 pieces;
- leaves of cherry and blackcurrant - 5 pieces;
- dill umbrella - 3 pieces;
- salt - 3 tablespoons;
- water - 1 liter 300 milliliters.
Cucumber pickling in a cold way. Step by step recipe
- Pour cucumbers with cold water for 1-2 hours.
- Wash greens and leaves well, chop with a knife.
- Peel and cut the garlic in half. Stir with chopped herbs.
- At the bottom of the can add a third of the greens with garlic, peppercorns, then cucumbers, stacking them vertically, then horizontally.
- Add greens in the middle of the jar and cover the cucumbers on top.
- Dissolve the salt in cold boiled water and pour cucumbers with brine.
- Tie the neck of the jar with gauze and leave for 2 days at room temperature.
- After 2 days, drain the brine into a pan, boil and cool. Chilled pickle again pour the cucumbers. Close the capron lid and put it in the refrigerator.
You can eat immediately, or you can store them in the cellar or in the refrigerator until spring. Cold salting of cucumbers will appeal to many. Cucumbers are especially tasty and rich. “I love to cook” wishes you delicious preparations. And pay attention to the preparation of pickled cucumbers in a bag and the recipe for making crispy cucumbers in a jar for the winter.