The most real and correct way to save tomatoes for the winter is salting. Pickled and canned tomatoes do not compare to taste with salted tomatoes. Cold salting of tomatoes in jars is a great and easy way to prepare tomatoes. The taste they get is very rich, even a little harsh. For a potato snack, that's it.
on a 3 liter jar:
- leaves of cherry and currant 3-4 pieces;
- small horseradish root;
- garlic 2-3 cloves.
- cold water from the tap;
- salt - 3 tablespoons;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon (optional).
Cold salting of tomatoes in jars. Step by step recipe
- Wash the tomatoes. For this recipe, take fleshy, resilient tomatoes.
- In a clean jar at the bottom, lay some of the greens with garlic and horseradish, then tomatoes, and cover with greens on top.
- Prepare a fill of cold water, salt and sugar. Mix well and pour the tomatoes in a jar.
- Seal the tomatoes with a plastic lid, which are specially sold for tight corking. Such lids need to be boiled for 15-20 seconds, then close the jar.
- Let the tomatoes stand for a day at room temperature, then put them in the cellar. Will be ready in 1.5-2 months.
Cold salting of tomatoes in jars significantly saves your vitality, because tomatoes are prepared simply. By the way, for one year I had such tomatoes on the balcony, and nothing. They ate them before the new harvest! Taste like a barrel, so rich and rich. “I love to cook” wishes you delicious preparations. We recommend preparing canned tomatoes with carrots and onions and tomatoes for the winter in jars.