Delicious Adjarian khachapuri is one of the most popular and delicious dishes of Caucasian cuisine. For the first time I learned about such a wonderful delicacy at the Tbilisoba holiday - and he won me over with an incredible gentle cheese taste. Before I cooked khachapuri at home, I had to review many recipes: and, finally, I found the only one with simple cooking technology and a national mentality. Today I will share it with you. So, we cook delicious very soft and incredibly tender Adjarian khachapuri.
To create a test:
- 300 grams of wheat flour;
- 80 grams of purified water;
- 100 grams of natural yogurt (it is better to use yogurt);
- 5 grams of pressed yeast;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- a little sugar (approximately 1 teaspoon);
- some butter (30 grams).
For Adjarian khachapuri filling:
- 2 pieces of eggs;
- milk - 2-3 tablespoons;
- 180 grams of Adyghe cheese;
- 120 grams of suluguni cheese;
- 30-40 grams of butter.
Delicious Adjarian khachapuri. Step by step recipe
Let's start with the test.
- We send yeast and sugar to the working tank, pour them with tepid little water.
- We add yogurt after the water and mix the products thoroughly so that they melt.
- Gradually add flour: at the same time constantly interfere with our mass.
- Now we should make a khachapuri dough with cheese. Knead for about 5 minutes. It is necessary to bring it to a dense consistency, so the flour may take a little more than what is written in the Adjarian khachapuri recipe.
- We form a ball from the dough and place it in a container for 15 minutes, cover with a kitchen towel on top.
- After the time has passed, rub the oil and salt into the dough while it is warm. Put in a bowl and set it for 60 minutes in a warm place. The dough should double its volume.
- Now stretch the dough into a rectangle: with your fingers as much as possible. Before preparing khachapuri, the dough should be folded correctly. So, we wrap the edges of the rectangle on the sides, now we take the dough from the bottom and turn it into a roll. In this position, cover it with a bowl: for about 15 minutes (you can see the process in more detail in the video under the recipe).
- We take out the dough and divide it into two identical pieces: we cut the formed roll in the center.
- From each piece we make a circle with our hands: the thickness should be approximately 5 millimeters. Now I will tell you how to make khachapuri in the shape of a boat. To do this, twist the opposite sides of the circle towards each other, and connect their ends. In this way the necessary form will turn out. Place them on parchment. Cover with a towel and leave for 20 minutes. At this time, preheat the oven to a temperature of 220 degrees.
- Getting to the filling. Mix grated cheeses with a little milk. We divide the resulting mass into two parts and fill our boats with it. Transfer the parchment to a heated baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- According to the Adjarian khachapuri recipe, eggs are included in the filling. Therefore, we get a baking sheet. Carefully, in the middle of the boats, we make a small hole.
- We take the egg, break it, merge about half the protein: pour the yolk with the rest of the protein into the formed hole. We do the same with the second boat.
- We send the baking sheet for a couple of minutes to the oven: we need the protein to set and the yolk to remain liquid.
- We take the khachapuri from the oven, take the butter and put it in small pieces on the filling, smearing the edges of the boats.
So we found out how to make khachapuri in Ajarian style. As you can see, there’s nothing complicated: therefore, cooking them at home is not difficult. Serve Georgian delicacy must be hot, and before you eat it - yolk is mixed with cheese mass. You can find the Adjarian khachapuri recipe (and not only) on the “I love to cook” culinary site.