Let's prepare together for a picnic, a children's holiday or have a very tasty, original snack with unusual sausages in deep-fried pastry. The usual classic in yeast dough is already a bit boring. But not so long ago, American Corn Dogs appeared in our fast food establishments, which are becoming more and more popular. These are very interesting sausages on skewers in the form of a spiral with a delicious, slightly crumbly corn dough. The most original is that the dough does not envelop the sausage, but is deep-fried or a frying pan next to it, and then all this together makes up just a delicious harmony of taste. I won’t talk for long - I have to try it!
- long sausages - 6 pieces (for replacement: 12 pieces small);
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- flour - 100 grams;
- corn flour - 100 grams;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil for frying - 300 milliliters;
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon.
Deep-fried sausage. Step by step recipe
- Combine the sifted corn and wheat flour, salt, sugar, baking powder in a bowl and mix everything.
- Pour milk into a mixture of dry ingredients in 2-3 doses and mix well.
- Knead a very soft dough: it will even stick to your hands, but it should be so. Please note that prescription cornmeal cannot be replaced with another type.
- Lubricate hands abundantly with vegetable oil and form our batch into a ball. We wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- We prepare sausages: we clear them of the shell, if you have long ones, then cut them in half. We put each sausage on a skewer. After we take the knife and cut the spiral. When you are cutting, use a knife to get to the wooden skewer (for more details, see the video under the recipe for the process).
- Spread the sausage slightly so that the spiral is more pronounced. So do with all sausages.
- Lubricate the hands with vegetable oil, select a small portion of the dough: the size of a walnut. We roll a sausage from it about 0.7 centimeters thick and about 20 centimeters long.
- Take a sausage on a stick and screw the dough into the furrows of the spiral. If you still have a twisted tail, then tear it off. Try to press it well to the sausage at the beginning and at the end. As a result, you get a two-color spiral. In the same way we make out the remaining sausages.
- We heat a large amount of vegetable oil in a pan, if you have deep fat, you can safely use it. Before frying, it is necessary to check the correct temperature of the vegetable oil. To do this, drop a small piece of dough into the pan: and if it starts to boil in oil, then you can start frying.
- Fry the coils until the golden color of the dough. Turn periodically to fry evenly. If you cook the sausages in deep-fried dough, then there they immediately evenly fry, and there is no need to turn them.
- We put the finished spirals on a paper towel and let the excess fat drain.
Deep-fried homemade sausages are ready! A very tasty combination of slightly crumbly corn dough and toasted sausages. It is good that the sausage itself is fried without dough - it has a very aromatic, browned crust, and the taste itself becomes more pronounced. Unlike the usual version with a yeast shell, where the sausage is only slightly steamed. Also, if you categorically avoid deep-fried foods, then sausages can be baked in the oven at 180 degrees: approximately 15-20 minutes. Such spirals go very well with various sauces (mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise and others). Cook original dishes with us at home: and let us arrange a feast for our stomach!
Bon appetit from “I like to cook”!