Do you like juicy, healthy summer vegetables? Then for you a wonderful recipe - a very delicious ajapsandal. A fragrant dish of Armenian, Georgian cuisine, as well as it still belongs to almost all the cuisines of the countries of the North Caucasus. It is very reminiscent in cooking of all familiar and beloved - vegetable stew. One of the most important conditions for delicious ajapsandal is fresh and juicy vegetables, fragrant herbs and a good mood in the kitchen. The dish is an appetizer, it can be served cold or hot. It will be tasty in any case. I do not advise you to pass by, write down a recipe for yourself and be sure to cook it. It will be very tasty.
- fresh eggplant - 5 medium pieces;
- sweet peppers - 4-5 medium pieces (it is advisable to take a different color);
- onions - 3-4 medium heads (pieces);
- potatoes - 600 grams;
- tomatoes (tomatoes) - 3 medium pieces;
- tomato paste - 1 tablespoon (can be replaced with 1 cup of grated fresh tomatoes);
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- sugar white sand - 2 teaspoons;
- a large bunch of purple basil;
- a large bunch of cilantro;
- extinguishing sunflower oil;
- spices: salt, pepper - to your taste.
Very tasty ajapsandal. Step by step recipe
- The first thing to determine is the capacity in which we will prepare the ajapsandal. Due to the large amount of ingredients, it is best to take a deep frying pan, a cauldron or a large stewpan with a thick bottom.
- Now you need to start the vegetables. Wash all vegetables before slicing under running water.
- We take fresh eggplant. Cut into large pieces. Transfer to a deep bowl. Sprinkle with salt and mix. We leave in this state on the desktop for 20-30 minutes. After that we add water. Rinse them well and wring them. Then we take a towel and dry it from the water. Set aside in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel potato tubers. We wash it under water and cut it in the same way as eggplant into large pieces.
- Following the eggplant, cut the onions in half rings. We shift in a separate bowl.
- A bunch of basil and cilantro are washed, dried and finely chopped.
- Remove the core of sweet pepper. We cut it into large squares. The dish will look very beautiful and even more appetizing if you choose peppers of different colors: red, yellow, green.
- Tomatoes need to be rinsed with boiling water. After that, remove the skin from them. Cut them the same way as pepper.
- Peel the garlic. Separate the required number of cloves and squeeze under a press into a separate bowl.
- We heat the pan (stewpan, cauldron). Pour in sunflower oil.
- We shift the potatoes into well-heated oil. Stirring over high heat, fry almost until done. Then we remove the potatoes in a separate container with a slotted spoon. It’s best to put it in a colander.
- Fry eggplant in the same oil. About 5-7 minutes.
- Then add the onions to the eggplant. Mix.
- When the onion becomes transparent, add the pepper. Also mix everything. At this point, lovers of spicy foods can add chili peppers.
- Now return the potatoes and add with it half a portion of garlic. Mix.
- Following the potatoes, add fresh tomatoes, tomato paste (or grated tomatoes), two teaspoons of sugar. Also salt and pepper to taste. Separate half of all the greens and add it to the vegetables.
- Fire continues to be at maximum. Do not forget to mix, then nothing will burn. Sugar, in turn, will not be clearly felt, but will give its softness.
- After that, cover and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then remove the lid and add the remaining garlic and herbs. Mix and squeeze everything a little with a spoon or spatula. Remember that ajapsandal is stewed without water, only in its own juice. Cover again and simmer a couple more minutes.
- Then turn off the fire and let it infuse under a covered lid from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Serve ajapsandal in a warm, hot or cold form, while decorating with greens before serving. Awesome tasty snack, which with its juiciness is able to conquer you from the first spoon. Cook and delight yourself and loved ones. Everyone should try it. The dish is incredibly healthy, great for a summer menu. The site "Very Delicious" contains a huge number of tasty and healthy recipes from vegetables. Visit the site and cook with us. Enjoy your meal!