A very tasty and light coleslaw will please at any time of the year, but it is especially relevant in the spring: there are so many vitamins in it. A vegetable salad in a hurry is simply gorgeous: it will help you out in a situation where guests are already on the doorstep. The highlight of a light salad with carrots and corn in a garlic sauce. I propose to take care of health and beauty, and prepare a tasty and healthy vegetable salad with olive oil.
- 1 small head of white or Peking cabbage;
- 400 grams of canned corn (1 can);
- 1 medium carrot;
- 1 sweet bell pepper (any color);
- 0.5 bunch of dill;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- salt and spices to taste;
- 0.5 teaspoon coarse salt.
Very tasty and light coleslaw. Step by step recipe
- White cabbage (or Beijing) cabbage is finely chopped with a knife or with a shredder.
- We shift it into a deep bowl, sprinkle with a small amount (according to the recipe) of coarse salt and rub it with your hands. Cabbage will let the juice and become softer, which will only improve the taste of the salad.
- Wash carrots, peel and grate directly into the salad: on a Korean carrot grater (or on a coarse grater).
- Sweet bell pepper, we remove the seeds and the stalk, cut into thin strips. We spread in a bowl to the remaining vegetables.
- From the canned corn, drain the juice, transfer it to vegetables.
- Grind half a bunch of dill, pour out the corn.
- Let's make the sauce. Pour olive oil into the bowl (according to the recipe), add the garlic passed through the press (it can also be grated on a fine grater), add salt to taste. We also add our favorite spices to our taste. We carefully grind everything with a fork.
- Tip. If you wish, if you like a salad with sourness, you can add juice from half a lemon to the sauce.
- Water the salad with the resulting dressing, mix well.
Light spring salad is perfect for fried and baked dishes. And in the hot spring-summer season, it will be a great option for lunch or dinner: after all, in the heat you want something light and refreshing. You can look at recipes of light salads from fresh vegetables on our website “Very tasty”.