Today I want to invite everyone to travel to Italy and cook the perfect appetizer - a delicious bruschetta. Bruschetta is fried bread on which the most diverse filling is laid out. Italians just love this dish, and I even know why. After all, a bruschetta is such a delicious appetizer with tomatoes and basil, with a delicate aroma of garlic, which simply does not have the strength to tear itself away. And unlike our traditional sandwiches, such an appetizer is completely non-greasy, because the bread for it is slightly dried. Let's go cook?
- baguette bread - 1 piece;
- tomatoes - 2 pieces;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- olive oil - for dressing;
- salt to taste;
- basil - 20 leaves;
- ground black pepper - to taste.
Delicious bruschetta is the perfect snack. Step by step recipe
- Cut the baguette into circles, not very thick, about a finger thick. The number of slices of bread depends on how many servings we want to make. In my experience, I’ll say: do more, you just won’t notice how quickly it will be swept off the table. I got 10 pieces from one loaf.
- We take a baking sheet, cover it with parchment and put our chopped bread on it. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and send a baking sheet into it. Dry the baguette until golden brown. Then just turn it over and fry the bread in the oven on the other side. This is exactly the nuance that I told you about earlier: the Italian sandwich is completely non-greasy because it is fried without adding oil.
- While our bread is fried, we will do the filling itself. My tomatoes, cut in half and take out the seeds, leaving one pulp. We remove the tomato seeds to the side, we will not use them in the preparation of bruschettas. Cut the tomato pulp into medium cubes and put in a bowl.
- Squeeze the garlic through a press. In principle, for our number of Italian sandwiches, one clove of garlic is enough, but lovers of spicy food can add one or two more cloves.
- Salt and pepper tomatoes with garlic, season with olive oil. We need it a little more than for dressing a tomato vegetable salad. Mix well and set aside.
- We take out the bread from the oven, let it cool slightly and rub it with a second clove of garlic. When all the bread is rubbed with garlic, mix our tomatoes again. For each piece of bread, spread one spoonful of tomato-garlic filling. See that the filling does not fall off the bread, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to eat.
- Tomatoes are already laid out on bread. Now we have to put on top, on each slice, a leaf of basil. If someone does not like basil, then it can be replaced with parsley leaves: but with basil, the snack is much tastier.
We put ready sandwiches on a dish and serve. As you have already noticed, the recipe for making a bruschetta is very simple, it cooks quickly: literally 10-15 minutes. And you will hear delighted exclamations much longer. Often check out our “I love to cook” website: there you will find many more simple and tasty dishes. Enjoy your meal!