I was lucky: today I tasted delicious carrot muffins - a friend shared the recipe for their preparation with me. Bright orange carrot muffins, just melt in your mouth, very tender - even a toothless child can eat them. And the fact that they are extremely useful, I think, you yourself guessed. After all, carrots are an abundance of vitamins and all kinds of useful substances. Is it possible to make something tastier and healthier for evening tea drinking? Buy carrots - and quickly to the kitchen!
- 100 grams of carrots;
- 70 grams of vegetable oil;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 110 grams of flour;
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 0.25 teaspoon of soda;
- 0.25 teaspoon ground ginger;
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- coconut flakes - for sprinkling muffins;
- confectionery sprinkles - for decorating muffins.
Tasty muffins with carrots. Step by step recipe
- First, grate the carrots on a fine grater. Of course, raw and always small, if you choose a coarse grater, the carrot will not bake and will look ugly in muffins.
- In order not to make a mistake in weight, suddenly you do not have scales in the kitchen, know: 100 grams of carrots is one average root crop. Drain the juice from the already grated carrots: otherwise the dough will look unbaked.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the carrots, add the egg and boldly mix until smooth. This can be done with a spoon and a spatula.
- When the flour is sifted, add our spices to it: ginger and cinnamon. By the way, if something is not to your taste, you can simply remove some ingredient or not use them at all. Following them, be sure to put soda and baking powder. Then just mix with a spoon.
- We add sugar to the carrot mass: this amount will be enough for our recipe to make the muffins sweet. And mix again.
- It remains to add flour with spices and thoroughly knead the dough until smooth. Its consistency is like a pancake. Two to three minutes for settling, so that the baking powder and flour "make friends" with each other.
- You can take any molds for carrot muffins. Both paper and silicone will do. There are no problems with the first ones: just lay the dough in them. Silicone ones, lightly oil them so that the muffin from them, after baking, easily jumps out.
- We fill the forms no more than ⅔: the dough will rise, and they will completely fill up - to the sides. To fill, you can use a pastry bag, or you can use an ordinary spoon.
- The moment came to decorate the muffins. A third we sprinkle with coconut, the second part - with confectionery powder, and one part will be left without anything. In fact, for decoration, you can use everything you want: nuts, candied fruits.
- They turned on the oven and heated to 180 degrees. Muffins were sent to bake for 15-20 minutes. Readiness of baking, as always, check with a toothpick.
- Muffins are ready. Let them cool, and easily remove from the molds.
We set the table for an evening tea party and serve our carrot muffins. With "I like to cook" you can use any vegetables and products for cooking sweets. Good appetite!