In search of a variety of recipes with healthy and light vegetables, I remembered the super simple Turkish cuisine dish: delicious cauliflower with meat in the oven. It is enough to cook it once - and you will cook constantly for yourself and your loved ones. In its finished form, it slightly resembles a casserole, quite satisfying - and it does not cook at all for as long as it might seem. Cauliflower reveals its taste with aromatic and juicy minced meat, complemented by a large number of healthy vegetables. Such a dish can be served independently, as the main one, and to the side dish. Cook and enjoy the excellent combination of vegetables and meat.
- head of cauliflower - one middle head, approximately 700-750 grams;
- ground beef - 200-300 grams;
- onions - 1 medium piece;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 piece;
- one clove of garlic;
- tomato paste - 1 tablespoon;
- cabbage broth - 200 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- spices: pepper, salt, to your taste.
Delicious cauliflower with meat in the oven. Step by step recipe
- My cauliflower and parsed into medium-sized inflorescences. It needs to be boiled a little. Therefore, we collect water in a pan: choose deep so that all the cabbage fits. Boiling water is slightly salted and throw cauliflower. We bring it all back to a boil and cook literally two to three minutes. Using a slotted spoon, we get it into a colander so that the glass is excess liquid. The main thing is not to digest cabbage. We will then bake it in the oven, so if we digest it, it will look like mashed potatoes (porridge). Do not pour the water in which we boiled the cabbage - it will come in handy for us a little later.
- We transfer the cooked boiled cabbage to a baking sheet or to the container in which we will bake our dish in the oven.
- Now let's prepare for the stuffing. Cut the onion into small cubes. Finely chop the garlic with a knife, also in small cubes.
- We clear the bell pepper from the seeds and the core. First cut it into strips, then grind it into cubes. Approximately the size of the cubes should correspond to slicing the onion.
- We take the pan, put on the stove, pour the sunflower oil: about 2-3 tablespoons. We ship our chopped and prepared vegetables. Fry over moderate heat for about 2-3 minutes. Periodically mix with a spatula. We make sure that the vegetables are not burnt and take a beautiful soft state.
- We send the meat prepared earlier to the pan. I use beef. But it can be replaced with any other meat that you like or have: chicken, pork, and even a rabbit. Mix it with vegetables. Add salt and pepper at this stage: all to your liking.
- Stew, stirring, about 5-10 minutes. Do not cover with a lid. Stuffing during this time should completely change its color. He will let his juice a little, and everything starts to smell very appetizing. Especially tasty aroma of garlic and beef (personally, I already salivate when I fry all this yummy).
- After the specified time, add the tomato paste. If you don’t have one, replace with ketchup or tomato sauce. You can even take homemade tomato juice. Just take not one tablespoon as a paste, but two or even three: since the concentration of tomatoes in them is less. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now the time has come when we return to the water in which the cabbage inflorescences were boiled. Pour a glass of cabbage broth somewhere in the pan. If you took not 200, but 300 grams of minced meat - add 250-300 milliliters. It is necessary that the gas station does not become so thick. The resulting appetizing mass of minced meat and vegetables must be distributed on top of cauliflower. If you do not want to use the broth, replace it with plain water or broth, if you have one.
- Now the baking sheet or mold must be covered with foil. Bending the edges so that everything fits snugly. We do this so that the cabbage does not dry out: since it is half ready.
- In a preheated to 180 * With the oven, we send to prepare the dish for 20-30 minutes. Then remove the foil and turn on the grill mode for a couple of minutes: lightly brown it.
- We draw aromatic cabbage with minced meat. And serve both portionwise and on a platter with wide sides.
Now you have a wonderful, simple, delicious dish of cauliflower with vegetables on your table. It can be served with tomato sauce or adjika. It can be served as a side dish for main dishes. Always cook with love: then everything not only turns out delicious, but also beautiful. “I love to cook” wishes you success in the kitchen and bon appetit!