Very tasty stuffed peppers in Croatian style - one of the favorite dishes in my family. This appetizing, satisfying dish of vegetables and minced meat is a full meal. For those who love summer vegetables, sweet peppers cooked in this form will be simply incomparable. Incredibly fragrant, very juicy vegetables go well with boiled rice and meat.
- sweet pepper "Bulgarian" - 1.5 - 2 kilograms;
- salt to taste;
- tomatoes - 5 pieces;
- ground beef - 600 grams;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- hot chili peppers — 1 piece;
- tomato paste - 1.5 tablespoons;
- butter - 30 grams;
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup;
- dry red wine - 50 milliliters;
- ground black pepper to taste.
Delicious stuffed peppers in Croatian. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the filling for our stuffed peppers with tomatoes in Croatian. To do this, put a piece of butter on a preheated pan, wait for it to completely melt, send the carrots, which were previously washed, peeled and cut into thin short straws, to be strained.
- Peel the onions from the husks, wash them and cut them into small cubes. Sending to carrots.
- Pod of hot pepper, my, clean from the stalk and seeds, finely chopped. We send everything to the frying of carrot and onion, and we pass it for several minutes.
- Tip. Hot pepper is added to taste: if you want the dish to be very sharp, you can leave the seeds, do not throw them away.
- Minced meat for paprika filling should be fried for seven minutes along with vegetables. You can use any kind of mincemeat: if you want a more dietary dish, choose turkey or chicken mincemeat, and if you like juicier and more fatty filling, take pork or ground beef.
- When the minced meat is a little fried, add red wine and evaporate alcohol.
- We transfer tomato paste, washed rice and a glass of cold water into the filling.
- Tip. Rice should be washed in several waters until the water becomes clear.
- Salt the filling, season, if necessary, with ground black pepper and mix well. Close the lid and cook for another five or seven minutes: until half-cooked rice.
- The cooked filling must be slightly cooled.
- Paprika or sweet bell pepper well washed and cleaned of seeds and tails. This must be done carefully so as not to damage the "cup" of pepper. We choose fleshy, juicy pepper: this will make the dish tastier.
- We fill each pepper with minced meat and rice. It is better to fill with a teaspoon, periodically tamping the filling a bit so that there are no voids.
- Put the peppers in a baking dish or dish, with tails down. The tops are covered with circles of tomatoes, which were previously washed and cut in the form of washers.
- The remains of tomatoes, cut into cubes.
- When all the peppers are stuffed with meat filling, and you have a little minced meat left, you don’t need to throw it away. You can add half a glass of water and diced chopped tomatoes. Stir the dressing and fill it with our stuffed paprika.
- Cover the form with foil and send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius for twenty minutes. Since the filling is ready, you just need to bake the peppers themselves. After 20 minutes, open the foil and bake another ten minutes.
- The finished dish must be served hot. Eat it with juice or pour sauce.
- For the sauce, five tablespoons of sour cream are mixed with two chopped cloves of garlic. It is good to salt, you can season with aromatic herbs - and serve the finished sauce in a gravy boat.
- If you have a little minced meat, you can stuff the tomatoes with it. To do this, wash my tomatoes, with a knife we cut the stem and take out the core with a spoon, and instead of it we put the forcemeat.
Tasty, incredibly juicy and very satisfying dish: pepper stuffed with rice in Croatian - ready. This dish does not require an additional side dish, since there is meat, and rice, and vegetables. Cook with our “I love to cook” website: and learn a variety of cuisines from around the world.