Looking for a new tasty dish to please guests or your loved ones: I propose to cook delicious eggplant with tomato and cheese, according to my grandmother's recipe. Eggplant is probably one of the most popular vegetables that are used in cooking - and this is not surprising: it goes well with many products. With vegetables: tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, potatoes - as well as meat, mushrooms or cheese. Eggplant, baked in the oven with tomatoes, with a golden cheese crust is a hearty appetizer that can be served both hot and cold.
- 2 pieces of large eggplant;
- 4 pieces of tomatoes;
- 300 grams of hard cheese;
- 200 grams of olive oil or other vegetable oil;
- 1 onion;
- salt to taste;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar;
- ground black pepper to taste.
Delicious eggplant with tomato and cheese. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the eggplants: they need to be washed, cut into circles one centimeter thick, sprinkled with salt on both sides and put on a colander: about fifteen minutes.
- It is better to use young eggplant: overripe much more bitterness, which can ruin the taste of the dish.
- In order to remove bitterness from eggplant, they must be salted and left for a while, so that they let out the juice and all the bitterness comes out. After that, you can safely continue to cook eggplant according to the recipe.
- We turn to the preparation of tomatoes: they need to be washed and cut into rings, half a centimeter thick. Leave chopped tomatoes in a separate bowl.
- Next, peel the onion, wash it and cut into small cubes.
- When the onions are chopped, peel the garlic and also, using a knife, cut into small cubes (you can use a grater or press to chop the garlic).
- Hard cheese must be grated.
- When the eggplants put the juice, you need to wipe them with paper towels. Next, the eggplant should be fried on both sides in a pan with olive or other vegetable oil (about 150 grams of oil).
- Fried eggplant must be evenly spread in a baking dish.
- Pour olive or other vegetable oil into a clean pan (about 50 grams of oil is used), fry chopped onion and garlic until transparent. Put chopped tomatoes on top of the onion and garlic and stew for five minutes: in the process of stewing the tomatoes, add salt (1-1.5 teaspoon), sugar (1 teaspoon) and ground black pepper (0.5 teaspoon).
- When all the ingredients in the pan are extinguished, they need to be laid out on an eggplant in a uniform layer.
- Put the grated cheese on top of the tomatoes and distribute it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and send our dish into it, for about fifteen to twenty minutes, for baking. During this time, the cheese should be browned.
Delicious eggplant with tomato and cheese is ready, you can decorate them before serving greens. If you like spices, you can add them to your preference. An eggplant dish is easy to prepare, and the result will surely please you. On the site "Very tasty" you can find a lot of recipes for delicious snacks. Enjoy your meal!