I want to share the classic recipe for a simple dish of oriental cuisine: a delicious salad "Fatush". Throughout the summer season, I want to delight myself with light, tasty and healthy salads, which use less mayonnaise dressings. I want to feel the taste of fresh vegetables, fragrant greens and herbs: in the Fatush salad you will find all this - it is as useful as tasty. Isn’t it wonderful when the benefits and the tastes are combined? I really like how the salad is decorated: we make crispy chips from pita bread and decorate them. It can be served both as an independent dish, and as an amazing festive side dish for meat dishes. Take it on your note, cook it this season: give joy and pleasure to yourself and loved ones.
- salad - 1 bunch;
- fresh tomatoes - 2 pieces;
- fresh cucumbers - 3 pieces;
- green onions - 50 grams;
- fresh mint - to taste (a couple of leaflets);
- pita bread - 1 piece (middle sheet).
For salad dressing:
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- spices: a mixture of peppers, Provencal herbs - to taste;
- salt to taste;
- olive oil - 3-4 tablespoons;
- medium lemon - 1 piece.
Very tasty Fatush salad. Step by step recipe
- To begin with, let’s wash lettuce under running water. Shake off water, wipe off paper towels. Lettuce leaves must be completely dry.
- Take a wide dish. Its shape: round, square or rectangular - does not matter. At the very bottom, with the lowest layer, lay out lettuce leaves. They need to be torn a little by hand.
- Then we take cucumbers, wash them and wipe them with paper napkins. Cut into small cubes. If the peel of the cucumbers is bitter, as it sometimes happens with home cucumbers, be sure to first peel them. Transfer them to lettuce.
- Tomatoes are also mine. We delete the place where the stalk was. Cut them into two halves and cut into half rings. Then we cut the half rings into a couple of parts, so that the result is cubes. We spread it on a dish, distribute on top of cucumbers and lettuce.
- Wash the green onions. We cut only its green part. Cut into small rings. Sprinkle on top of the vegetables.
- Pinch off mint leaves with your fingers into small pieces, and sprinkle the salad on top a little. If you like its fresh taste, you can put a little more. The most important thing here is to build on your taste.
- Now prepare a salad dressing. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil into the bowl.
- Wash the lemon, roll a little across the table, so that it becomes soft and more pliable. Using a citrus juice squeezer, squeeze juice out of it. Pour it into olive oil.
- Now add black pepper, Provencal herbs and salt to your liking.
- Three cloves of garlic, cut into rings, then finely chop. Add the garlic to the dressing. Mix gently. Water the salad with a ready-made fragrant dressing. Pour not the entire dressing, leave a little for later.
- We cut thin pita bread into small squares, about 2 by 2 centimeters. We send to a dry hot frying pan and dry it for a couple of minutes. At the same time, gently stir them with a spatula.
- We put the cooled chips from pita bread onto a salad and sprinkle a little more with dressing.
Salad "Fatush" decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve. If desired, sweet bell pepper and fresh radish can be added to the salad. Also, herbs can be added to the dressing to your liking. Enjoy the delicate and light taste of Fatush salad: the original pita chips will appeal to everyone, especially the kids. Visit the site “Very Delicious” and pick up tasty and healthy summer salad recipes: on our site they are for every taste. Cook with pleasure, wish you bon appétit!