I like Jewish squash caviar very much in that the vegetables for its preparation are cut into pieces. Zucchini caviar is a legendary dish, especially familiar to hiking enthusiasts. But the store caviar from zucchini is not comparable with the fragrant, unusually tasty caviar, cooked at home. Steamed vegetables with vegetable oil - what could be better in the summer season.
- 600 grams (about 2 pieces) of young zucchini;
- 2 onions;
- 1 carrot;
- 600 grams of tomatoes;
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- half a bunch of parsley;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- salt to taste.
Very tasty zucchini caviar in Hebrew. Step by step recipe
- Carefully wash the young zucchini, remove the ponytails and cut into small cubes (you do not need to peel them).
- We spread the prepared zucchini on a dry frying pan, cover with a lid and put on a small fire. During the quenching, they will put in a little juice: periodically stirring, simmer until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Peeled and washed carrots and onions are also cut into small cubes (it is desirable that all the ingredients are the same size).
- Transfer the carrots with onions into the pan to the zucchini, pour 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes under a closed lid, stirring occasionally.
- Scalp the tomatoes with boiling water, make cross-shaped incisions, pour over with cold water and remove the skin. Finely chop and transfer to a pan to vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste, simmer another 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, add finely chopped parsley.
Zucchini caviar is tasty both in warm and in cold form. Excellent squash caviar goes well with sausages, scrambled eggs, fried eggs - a great idea for breakfast. For lunch, it can be served with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice. There are many options. And you can see the recipes for delicious side dishes on our website “Very tasty”.