Want to teach you how to cook delicious Italian focaccia tortillas? Focaccia is an Italian loaf of bread with various fillings, which is traditionally baked in every family. And why are you and I worse? Let’s also prepare an Italian tortilla with tomatoes and olives, with the addition of fragrant rosemary. We will set it on the table, open a bottle of wine - and we will enjoy the fragrant Italian focaccia.
- wheat flour - 1 kilogram;
- dry yeast - 21 grams;
- warm water - 625 milliliters;
- sugar - 30 grams;
- olive oil - 60 ml + 2-3 tablespoons for the filling;
- salt - 30 grams;
- medium tomatoes - 8 pieces;
- sprigs of rosemary - 3 pieces;
- black pepper peas;
- olives - 100 grams.
Delicious Italian Focaccia Tortilla. Step by step recipe
- In a large container, it can be a bowl or pan, pour out dry yeast, add warm, but not hot water and sugar.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl slightly and pour all the flour specified in the recipe and salt to them. Do not forget to sift the flour.
- Then we begin to knead the dough. There are two ways to do this. The first is to knead the dough by hand, as our grandmothers did. And the second way is to use a mixer with a special nozzle for the dough.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic, uniform. Add a little olive oil to the dough, and whisk for another one or two minutes. Olive oil can be replaced with any vegetable oil.
- The form in which the dough will fit, grease with olive oil. And not only the bottom, but also the walls. We spread our dough into it, cover it with cling film and put in a warm place to approach. To make the dough come up faster, slightly preheat the oven, and put the dough in the warm for the approach.
- The focaccia dough will be suitable for about 30-40 minutes: until it triples in size.
- Now let's get the focaccia stuffing done. We take tomatoes that were previously washed and wiped. And cut them into small, medium slices. If you want, you can cut them into circles or slices: in our recipe this is not important. If you have cherry tomatoes for focaccia, you can put them whole or cut them in half.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives and rosemary leaves.
- Black pepper with a pea crush in a mortar to small particles, it should turn out on average a teaspoon. Add to the bowl to other products.
- Now add the olive oil and mix it well several more times.
- During this time, while we were preparing the filling, the dough rose. Lightly sprinkle flour on the table and spread the dough on it. And knead again.
- We take a deep rectangular shape and grease it with olive oil on all sides. We spread the dough into the form, evenly filling it with all the corners and edges.
- In the dough we make indentations and put our pickled vegetables in them. Sprinkle with coarse salt on top: a little, literally one pinch.
- Once again we put the dough for proofing, somewhere for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and put Italian bread in it to bake. When the focaccia is well browned, we take it out of the oven.
I ask you only about one thing: let the focaccia cool down calmly, do not try to cut it or break it hot. I know that focaccia with olives and rosemary is insanely aromatic and delicious, but still let it cool. By the way, you can add completely different herbs, spices and vegetables to the focaccia. Cook, experiment and enjoy your meal. And our site “Delicious” will be happy to help you with this: after all, we still have many interesting recipes. Enjoy your meal!