I discovered an original, very tasty and quick Korean carrot recipe. This is my mother’s recipe, which I accidentally found in her cookbook. Now I make this salad just like that. The highlight itself is in an unusual marinade - it is prepared absolutely without sugar, and the salad is sweet and spicy. Do you think this is impossible? Then let's go with me to the “I love to cook” kitchen, where I will reveal all the secrets of how to make a simple, tasty and original salad “Korean Carrots”. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised!
- vegetable oil - 100 milliliters;
- salt - 3 teaspoons;
- carrots - 1 kilogram;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- onions - 1 piece (120-150 grams);
- Cayenne red pepper - 1 piece;
- vinegar 5% —- 2 tablespoons;
- cilantro seeds (coriander) - 2 teaspoons.
Very tasty carrots in Korean. Step by step recipe
- To make the Korean Carrot salad delicious, it’s very important to choose a non-sluggish, juicy, non-fibrous vegetable.
- Peel the carrots, wash and chop them with a long, thin straw, 2.5 millimeters thick. If you have a Korean carrot shredder, use it. Just try to rub as long as possible with strips.
- Grated carrots are put in a bowl, add salt, mix and slightly press down with your hands to let the juice flow. Leave for 40-60 minutes, while placing the bowl (or other utensils) at an angle so that the juice flows to the side.
- Onion crumbled in very small cubes. Also (about the same size) we chop hot pepper. If you love more sharply, then crumble with the seeds.
- In a pan with a thick bottom, heat the vegetable oil, drop the onion and fry it until transparent (do not fry too much). Do not forget to stir it constantly.
- We turn off the stove and add the chopped cilantro seeds to the hot vegetable oil along with the onion (I beat them lightly with a blender, but in general you can just knead a little with a mortar in a mortar to better reveal their aroma). In addition, you can use ground coriander, but better chopped seeds.
- Also pour out finely chopped red hot pepper. Mix everything and leave to cool completely.
- Peeled garlic cloves finely chopped or skipped on the garlic.
- Drain the juice from the carrots, add the chopped garlic, the cooled onion frying and 5% vinegar, mix everything. If you have 9% vinegar, then add only 1 full tablespoon, mix and try. If necessary, add more. I want to say that I tried to cook this version of the Korean Carrot salad with vinegars from different manufacturers, and I came across such that 1 tablespoon was not enough for him.
- Lettuce "Carrot in Korean" let us brew, at least 2-3 hours, and preferably night, in the refrigerator.
- If you have prepared Korean carrots for the future, then store it in a container with a tight-fitting lid, in the refrigerator: up to 10 days. Only be sure to periodically (once every 1-2 days) shake the container so that the carrots are washed with the marinade.
So, very quickly and simply, we got a delicious, very fragrant and original “Korean Carrot” prepared according to my mother’s recipe. Her taste is really a little different from what we are used to, but it is so tasty and original that you just get excited. This salad can not only be served on the table in this form, but also prepare various dishes or snacks with it. Be with us on “I love to cook”: and together with you we will prepare many more unusual, but very tasty, simple and quick dishes. From which everyone will be crazy! Enjoy your meal!