Oriental vegetarian dish - delicious Korean-style eggplant salad: incredibly mouth-watering and beautiful. Bright and juicy salad with a unique aroma is an indispensable dish for the daily menu and the festive table: the flight leaves. And although Korean cuisine used to be absolute exotic for us, but everyone loved the carrots and eggplant in Korean - and firmly entered our menu. Indeed, the vegetables traditional for us, prepared in a special Asian way, turn into an amazing piquant appetizer: it seems to be no longer exotic, but classic dishes for our feasts.
- 4 medium eggplant;
- one sweet bell pepper;
- little carrot;
- one middle onion;
- 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- hot pepper - to taste;
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt for marinade + salt for eggplant;
- 1 teaspoon with a hill of sugar;
- parsley or cilantro to taste;
- 2-3 tablespoons of 9% vinegar;
- olive oil.
Delicious Korean style eggplant salad. Step by step recipe
- My eggplant, remove the tails, cut into two parts (across) and cut into long slices.
- We put the eggplants in a colander, sprinkle with a large amount of salt, leave for 30 minutes.
- Drain all the eggplant juice, rinse. Wring out hands from the water, blot with a paper towel.
- Cut the onion into small cubes in a separate bowl.
- Pour olive oil into the pan (you can also use sunflower oil), heat and fry the onion until light golden.
- Put the onion from the pan into a bowl.
- Pour more olive oil into the pan (a little), heat and fry the eggplants until cooked. If there are a lot of eggplants, fry them in several stages: so that they do not stew, namely they are fried.
- Cut the carrots into very thin strips.
- Sweet bell pepper cut into strips (not very thin).
- Garlic (I have two slices) finely chopped with a knife.
- Combine the fried eggplant and onions in a deep bowl, put the carrots, bell peppers, chopped garlic in the hot fried vegetables.
- Add the chopped hot pepper there (adjust the amount to your taste), finely chopped parsley or cilantro. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Salt, add sugar and vinegar (according to the recipe or to taste). Cover, leave to cool completely at room temperature. Then remove for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator. After this time, the salad is ready.
Korean eggplant salad with carrots turns out to be incomparable, it is especially tasty the next day: it needs to be given time to brew. You can serve as an independent dish, or with potatoes or rice - at your discretion. You can find eggplant dishes for every taste on our website “Very tasty”. Enjoy your meal.