Well, I just could not pass this recipe, I wanted to cook it and share with you: delicious Korean-style eggplant. I’m sure one hundred percent: whoever loves savory appetizers, they will surely like Korean-style eggplants - all the more, fast-cooking. And this is the most delicious recipe that I have ever met, and I tried a great many, because I love eggplant. And the dish is so versatile that you can eat it with whatever you want: you can just with a bread, or you can boil potatoes for such eggplants.
- eggplant - 1 kg;
- bitter capsicum - 1 piece;
- dill greens - 0.5 bunch;
- garlic - 5-6 cloves;
- bell pepper - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- salt - 2 teaspoons;
- vinegar essence 70% - 2 teaspoons;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml.
Delicious eggplant in Korean. Step by step recipe
- Wash eggplants, cut the stalks from them and lower them into a pan with water, which we have already boiled. We cover the eggplants with a lid, reduce the heat under them and cook until tender: about 20 minutes. It is advisable to take eggplants of the same size, then they will cook at the same time. If you take small and large mixed, then some of them will be digested, while others may remain half-baked. And be sure to choose vegetables with a bright purple color: they will look more beautiful in a finished dish.
- With hot pepper, cut the stem and chop finely and finely. We don’t throw seeds from the pepper, but leave it together with the pulp, to give a pinworm in the finished dish.
- We chop the dill with a knife, which is first washed under running water, and then dried in air so that there are no drops of water left on it. Buy a bunch of dill a lot: there is not much green.
- Pass the garlic through a press and combine with dill and hot pepper.
- We cut the bell pepper in half, remove the insides from it, cut into large strips: that is, in half rings. In principle, no matter what color you take pepper, but believe me, red will look much more attractive in our spicy eggplant appetizer.
- Peel the onions. We cut it, like bell pepper, into half rings. If your bulb is too large, then it can be cut into quarters. Onions can be taken in the same way both white and red.
- Already chopped peppers and onions, transfer to a large bowl, in which we will cook the eggplant in Korean.
- During this time, our eggplant cooked. We take out each eggplant from boiling water into a colander. We leave it for a few minutes, so that water comes out of them, and they have managed to cool down a bit.
- First we cut the eggplant into thick rings, and then each into large cubes. Send them to the onion and pepper. Mix the vegetables.
- The time has come to combine the vegetable mass with the rest of the ingredients: hot pepper, dill and garlic. Mix everything again. Add vinegar essence, salt and vegetable oil. Acetic essence, if this was not at hand, can be replaced with table vinegar: naturally, increasing its concentration. Mix everything again. Let the vegetable snack stand for 1.5 hours and serve it to the table.
As you already noticed, cooking eggplant in Korean did not take us much time. We prepared them with you very quickly and, believe me, we will eat them just as quickly. Well, if you have a bit of such a savory snack left - Korean-style eggplants: do not rush to throw them away. Eggplant is perfectly stored in the refrigerator until the next day: after all, they have sunflower oil and vinegar essence. The next day they will be even tastier. Visit our website “I Love Cooking”: you will find many new, tasty and original recipes. And - enjoy your meal!