During Great Lent, fasting dishes are often cooked in our family, and I suggest that you prepare a very delicious lean salad. Fresh vegetable salad - a storehouse of vitamins in the early spring. Crispy fresh vegetables, fragrant greens and sweet canned corn are the simple ingredients of this wonderful salad for every day.
- tomatoes - 2 pieces;
- cucumber - 1 piece;
- Beijing cabbage - the third part of a small head;
- onion greens - 50 grams;
- canned corn - 200 grams (or half a can);
- bell peppers - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons;
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste.
Delicious lean salad. Step by step recipe
- In a medium-sized salad bowl, cut the vegetables.
- Peking cabbage is cut into strips 3-4 mm thick.
- Cucumber cut into thin strips.
- Tip. Fresh cucumber, bought in early spring, is better to peel: since it is the peel that contains a large amount of nitrates. In general, all spring vegetables must be soaked for several hours in cold water before use - then pour this water.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes: after washing and peeling the stalk.
- Sweet bell peppers are cleaned from seeds and also cut into strips.
- Chop the green onions finely: you can slant them a little - from this the rings will acquire a beautiful oval shape and will have a beautiful appearance in the salad.
- Decant the canned corn from the liquid and add to the bowl with the remaining vegetables. I choose soft and sweet corn - it is more delicious in salads.
- All vegetables for lean salad are slightly salted: you can slightly pepper with black pepper.
By the way, pepper will have a brighter aroma and taste if it is slightly warmed up. To do this, pour a little pepper in a dry frying pan with peas and warm it over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then I wrap the peas of black pepper in parchment paper and roll them with a rolling pin - now the pepper is ready for use in a variety of dishes.
- We season our salad with bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumber with vegetable oil: you can take ordinary sunflower oil.
For salad dressing, I prefer unrefined oils: since they are more saturated with taste and aroma. You can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- You can add a teaspoon of mustard to a salad dressing: moreover, regular mustard and cereal are suitable for salads. You can season the salad with soy sauce: from this it will have a slightly Asian flavor. Salads can also be slightly acidified with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. Honey in dressing for vegetable salads is not superfluous: it helps to reveal the taste of vegetables.
- And the last chord in any salad dressing is herbs. Moreover, you can take both dry and fresh leaves of aromatic herbs. For cabbage salads, ginger, fennel, basil, celery and coriander are suitable. The taste of tomato salads opens with dill, parsley, rosemary, caraway seeds, tarragon and, of course, basil. And for salads, which include cucumber, dill and parsley, thyme and allspice are perfect.
Any vegetable salad, even the most ordinary, will be a real work of art, if properly seasoned.
- It is very good to add seeds: flax, sesame and even pumpkin seeds to vegetable, especially lean salads. Only all seeds need to be well dried in the oven or a little fry in a pan: then they will have a more pronounced taste.
- In order to diversify the diet during Lent, you can make grilled vegetables salads: for example, pepper, tomato, zucchini and eggplant. And, although these vegetables are non-seasonal, sometimes you can treat yourself to tasty ones. To do this, pour a little vegetable oil on a grilled pan and put sliced zucchini and eggplant in slices, sliced tomatoes. Pepper and cut into slices. When the vegetables are browned on both sides, they are removed, slightly dried and seasoned with warm. For dressing, you need to suppress a couple of garlic cloves, aromatic herbs, a little black pepper and a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Pour grilled vegetables with this mixture and serve.
Tip. In order to taste garlic, but after eating there was no unpleasant odor, you can not add garlic to the dressing, but simply grease a clean plate with a clove of garlic, on which you will spread the vegetables. A piquant taste will remain - but the smell after eating will be absent.
But most importantly, always remember the most important rule for the preparation of any dish - everything must be prepared with love. And then, even the most ordinary dish will become unusually tasty. And you can always see new recipes on our website “I like to cook”.