I can’t help it: I want to tell you a recipe for an amazing dish that my grandmother loved to cook - delicious meat pies. This is an original Russian recipe, according to which many housewives cook, using different secrets. My grandmother also had her secrets, which made homemade pies not only unrealistically juicy, but also outwardly they were very beautiful. It would seem, what is so special about this pie with a hole? It turns out that a successful and simple recipe for the test, juicy minced meat and your great desire to cook delicious food is the main secret of this dish. So, I suggest you start cooking soon.
- premium wheat flour - 550 grams;
- warm boiled water - 0.2 liters;
- two chicken eggs;
- cow melted butter - 80 grams;
- sugar white sand - 25 grams;
- dry yeast - 10 grams;
- salt - 8 grams.
For meat filling:
- beef meat - 0.7 kilograms;
- onions - one hundred grams;
- cow butter (need to melt) - 70 grams;
- salt, ground black pepper - to your taste (season the meat).
- one chicken egg;
- butter at room temperature - 40 grams.
Delicious meat pies. Step by step recipe
- Sift the wheat flour into a deep bowl. Combine all the dry ingredients: eight grams of salt, twenty-five grams of sugar and ten grams of dry yeast. Mix everything so that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Then we continue to add the remaining ingredients for the dough: two chicken eggs, warm water and melted cow butter. We begin to knead the dough. Then we cover the bowl with a lid or cling film and put in a warm place, without drafts, to raise. For about an hour.
- Before adding yeast to flour, they should be checked for suitability. To do this, fill them with warm water and add a little sugar. If foam appears after 10 minutes, the yeast is suitable for use.
- After the dough rises the first time (out of two), we slightly crush it. Then cover again and set aside, wait until it rises one more time.
- While the dough will rise, we’ll start preparing the filling. Take onions, peel it and cut into small cubes.
- Beef must be ground. To do this, use a meat grinder.
- Take the pan. Pour the butter (which we already melted). Heat it and fry the onions until it takes on a gently golden color. After add the minced meat. Fry for about 5-7 minutes. Strong drying of meat is not necessary, as it will still be cooked in the oven. When the pan is turned off, salt and pepper to taste. All mix well.
- Back to the test. It came up again, even a little more than the first time. Now it needs to be transferred to the work surface, on which we will work with it. Sprinkle it with flour and spread the dough.
- Tear off a very small piece and leave for decoration. The rest of the test is divided into 12 equal pieces. We roll koloboks out of them. We cover 11 koloboks and begin to roll out the first, to a diameter of 10 centimeters. We use a rolling pin.
- In the middle, add generously toppings. We pinch the edges, but not completely. Leave the middle open. So do with all the pieces of the prepared test.
- After that, generously grease the baking sheet with butter.
- We spread pies at a distance from each other. Leave on the baking sheet for proofing, for 15-20 minutes. In 5 minutes, turn on the oven and start to heat it up to 180 * C.
- In the meantime, return to the delayed piece of dough for decoration. We roll it into a thin rectangular layer. Cut a not too thin strip, about 1 centimeter thick and 20 centimeters long.
- Make a knife with a herring in the form of a Christmas tree on two opposite sides. Decorate them with a pie. Decorate to your liking: you can use ribbons, pigtails, pinches - invent and create. You can watch this process in more detail in the video below the recipe.
- And at the very end, grease with a beaten egg: then after baking the pie will be beautiful and rosy.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- We take out the finished pies from the oven and grease with melted butter. It, in turn, will give not only a delicate taste, but also a pleasant creamy aroma.
- In each pie (where the filling is) add one teaspoon of butter or one tablespoon of meat broth.
We cover hot tasty pies with meat and a towel and go to make tea. In this form, they will reach and thoroughly soaked in butter. Everything turned out, well, very tasty. So much so that it is very difficult to stop at one pie. They quickly fly away for breakfast, for lunch - and even for dinner. Prepare them for your household: I am sure that delight and admiration are guaranteed. The team of the site "Very tasty" wishes you success in cooking - and bon appetit!