Delicious pickled onions can decorate a large number of dishes, the main composition of which it is included. Agree: after all, very often, onions improperly aged in the marinade spoil the original taste of the delicacy. I learned this cooking method by accident: from my friend. She shared the secret of how to make a win-win pickled onion for barbecue. After that I realized that this recipe is perfect for salads and lean pastries. So let's cook.
- several bulbs (approximately 4 medium heads);
- table vinegar - 70 milliliters;
- 200 milliliters of water (approximately 1 cup);
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- teaspoon of salt (with a slide).
Delicious pickled onions. Step by step recipe
Pickled onions cook very quickly and easily. To prepare it, the following sequential steps should be performed.
- We take stew and cut the onion into rings or half rings. We send it to the container.
- Turn the stove on low heat, set the pan. Pour water into it: salt and add sugar.
- Please note: vinegar cannot be added immediately. When the water warms up, pour the vinegar, mix and after half a minute remove the marinade.
- Pour the chopped onion with marinade: the liquid should completely cover the rings so that they are well saturated.
- Cover the onions with a lid and leave for a couple of hours. After that, it can be used in salads. You can store pickled onions in vinegar in any glass container, at sub-zero temperatures. Therefore, if you still have rings or you plan to use them later, then you should know: you can store them in the refrigerator for several days. In order for the recipe to work out and make a very delicious pickled onion, it is necessary to adhere to some rules that culinary technology requires. With their help you will get a very pleasant taste, while preserving the vitamin complex of the vegetable. So, pay attention to the following recommendations.
- An ideal holistic onion head can be obtained if before removing the peel, lower it in boiled water for 2 minutes. Then immediately immerse in cold water. Thus, the skin is removed from the bulb very quickly and easily.
- Many people do not like to peel onions, as the phytoncides released cause tears. Experienced culinary specialists know what needs to be done to cope with the bulb painlessly. I will tell you some of the most effective methods. The first technology is scalding the head: or just 10 minutes to hold it in cool water. When you start slicing onions, chew gum or pinch a slice of black bread with your teeth. The easiest way is to periodically rinse the blade of the knife with running water. Using these methods, you can not cry while harvesting onions.
- Before pouring the onion rings into the marinade, squeeze them out: thus, the spices penetrate better into the middle of the rings.
- For those who do not know how to pickle whole onions in vinegar: choose small onions so that they are completely saturated, and the middle does not remain raw.
- Give preference to fast pickling techniques: since the longer the vegetable is in spices, the softer it becomes - and this does not always positively affect the taste of the dish.
So you have learned how to deliciously pickle onions. Using these recommendations, you can add onion zest to your favorite dishes. And, believe me: such pickled onions will appeal to everyone. In addition to this recipe, you can find other useful tips and interesting culinary techniques on the site "I like to cook."