If you don’t know how to make a delicious pie and pies with cabbage, then you will really like my recipe. Amazingly delicate and fragrant dough and juicy filling with creamy notes will give incredible pleasure. The recipe for cabbage pie in the oven is very simple and does not take much time when working with the dough. Agree - this is a huge plus, because many hostesses do not like to mess around with yeast products that take away all their free time. Well, let's get down to business.
To prepare the dough:
- flour - 700 grams;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- water - 150 milliliters;
- chicken egg - 2 pieces;
- butter - 70 grams;
- vegetable oil - 30 grams;
- sugar - 40 grams;
- salt - an incomplete teaspoon;
- instant (instant) yeast - 8 grams.
To the filling:
- cabbage - one and a half kilograms;
- onions - 3 medium heads;
- chicken egg - 3-5 pieces;
- butter - 50-100 grams;
- salt and sugar (to taste);
- vegetable oil.
Delicious cabbage pie with pies. Step by step recipe
- Sift the flour and pour into a working container. This must be done so that there are no lumps in the dough for cabbage pie. It should be noted right away that I use a kitchen machine for kneading, but you can do it with your hands.
- Pour water into the flour, then pour the milk.
- Salt the ingredients and add sugar.
- Then add the instant yeast.
- We beat in the eggs and pour in the oil (sunflower).
- After that, melt the butter, and pour to our mixture.
- Then we turn on the combine and wait until the dough is formed.
- We get our finished dough and put it on the work surface.
- Now let's start forming a quick pie and pies with cabbage. First, knead the dough, give it a round shape, put it in a saucepan and cover it with cling film or a towel. Leave the pan to stand at room temperature so that the dough rises. The average duration of the process is 90 minutes.
- So, while the dough is infused, we proceed to prepare the filling for quick cabbage pies. We take the head of cabbage, shred it: let's immediately prepare it for the pie and pies.
- After we finely chop the head of cabbage, pour everything into a deep saucepan and pour boiling water. Leave it to stand for 40 minutes.
- After that, squeeze the cabbage with your hands and unload it in a bowl.
- We take onion, peel it and cut into small cubes.
- We put the pan over medium heat, pour the oil. When it warms up, throw the chopped onion. Add butter to make it softer and softer. And onions will get a pleasant creamy taste and will be beautifully browned. Fry it until a light golden hue is formed.
- Add cabbage, add salt and mix well. Stew in this way for about 10 minutes. After that, remove from the stove. The filling for delicious pies with cabbage is ready.
- We put water and boil the eggs. After they are welded, cool them in cold water. Peel and cut into small cubes. Next, add them to the cabbage, mix all the ingredients well.
- We get the dough: during this time, it should have doubled. Knead it again and put it in a saucepan again, cover with a film.
- Leave the dough to rise. In the meantime, we will take up the choice of a cake tin with a cabbage filling. For a beautiful presentation, I recommend using the lid of the duckweed - it is flat, with low sides and an oval shape.
- We take out the dough and put it on the work surface, divide it into two, approximately equal parts. We use one slice for the pie, and the second for the pies.
- So, first we finish the recipe for a pie with cabbage. Take a piece of dough, divide approximately in half. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, forming a rectangle.
- Lubricate the form with butter, sprinkle lightly with flour. Next, cover the mold with a rolled piece of dough: it should be slightly larger than the dimensions of the baking dish.
- We apply a layer of cabbage filling according to the diameter of the form.
- We take the second piece of dough, also roll it out. After we put the fillings on top: cut the excess dough with kitchen scissors. Then we cover the pie with cling film and leave to stand.
- Roll the dough and cut out various figures with which we will decorate our cake.
- Open the raised pie, grease the surface with the egg and lay the cut figures on top. We make a hole in the center so that the filling is well baked.
- We preheat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees and put our pie in it: until a golden ruddy color appears. Estimated baking time: half an hour.
- Now find out how to make pies with cabbage. To do this, take the second part of the dough, roll it out. Cut into horizontal strips about 8 centimeters long, then cut horizontally - 16 cm wide. Put a little filling in the center of each piece. Then we proceed as follows: we bend the edges and pinch the pie along the length. Put the pies on a baking sheet: seam down.
- Grease their surface with egg mass and put in the oven. Bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- In order for the crust to become soft, grease the surface of the hot pies with butter.
So we reviewed the recipe for cabbage pies and pie step by step. As you can see, they prepare very quickly. Incredibly soft and juicy pastries you will definitely like. On the culinary site "I like to cook" you will find hundreds of interesting and tasty dishes.