Delicious pies with potatoes - a recipe from my childhood! When I was little, I always asked my grandmother to cook fried pies and potatoes. We always had the aroma of these delicious potato pies at home. I got older, now I cook fried pies on kefir already. Although every day this is not worth it (terribly high-calorie), but you can arrange a holiday for yourself and your loved ones - and treat yourself to fragrant pies. Only preserving all the proportions and the method of preparation, you can reproduce the very recipe: a taste from distant childhood. The dough is very tasty, thin and airy. The correct filling complements such pies: by the way, it is prepared first of all - since the dough will be ready in just a few minutes!
- wheat flour - 360 grams;
- kefir 2.5% - 250 milliliters;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons;
- raw potatoes - 400 grams;
- onions - 3 heads;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - for frying.
Delicious patties with potato. Step by step recipe
- Peel the potatoes, boil until cooked in large quantities of water.
- Chop onions, finely enough. For a delicious filling, I use a lot of onions (the main ingredient), the filling will not be dry. Fry it in vegetable oil for several minutes. The onion should be slightly fried so that the flavor of the filling is wonderful.
- We pour out all the water from the finished potato, it must be dry. Knead it, adding the fried onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Let the filling cool, otherwise the pies will not work. You can choose a different filling for this test, the main thing is that it be ready. So the pies will cook faster.
- Now you can start preparing the dough. Mix salt with sugar and kefir in a bowl. Add soda, mix. The mass begins to bubble: in this way the soda is extinguished.
- Sift the prepared flour in several stages. After each addition, mix thoroughly. Thus, the dough becomes homogeneous, and the flour is better distributed.
- Add vegetable oil to the dough as soon as it becomes denser. Add and mix until completely absorbed with the dough.
- We continue to knead the dough on a table sprinkled with flour: the dough in the end is very tender and sticky. Do not add flour anymore to preserve the tenderness of the pies. Since the dough is still sticky, add vegetable oil and collect the dough in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into pieces of the same size: I will have 9 pies, a little more than average.
- We make pies: we take one piece, pressing on it with our fingers (we use vegetable oil so that the dough does not stick to our hands and the table), we form a cake (about 2 millimeters thick, but allowed to be thicker).
- In the middle we put the filling of potatoes and pinch the edges, if the dough breaks, it is easy to close it again in the place of the rush. We give the pies a beautiful shape: I make them flat - they cook faster and require less frying oils. Thus, as you fry, we sculpt all the pies.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan, a lot of it so that the pies are fried from the sides. The pan is taken with high sides: it’s more convenient. Oil will spray less.
- In hot oil, fry the pies on both sides, over medium heat, until golden brown: about two minutes each. The filling is ready, so everything happens quickly.
- Ready-made pies must be laid out on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. It turns out very tasty pies with potatoes.
Grandma would be pleased! The aroma for the whole house, delicious, with crispy top pies with potatoes - the top of perfection. By the way, they can be put in a saucepan: then they will become soft. It is allowed to eat both hot and cold - they are simply delicious! Homemade kefir pies with kefir - the easiest recipe without yeast! Pies fried in a pan with onions and potatoes are always a tasty and simple dish that your family will be happy with! Cook with me and the Very Delicious website: you will find many recipes for great dishes.