I propose to cook my favorite salad: delicious pickled cabbage, which can be eaten after 12 hours. This vitamin salad in my family is almost every day on the table. It can be harvested for future use and stored in banks, or you can immediately serve it to the table.
- white cabbage - 1 kilogram (small forks);
- carrots - 1 piece;
- sweet pepper - 1 piece;
- water - 0.5 liters;
- vinegar 9% - 6 tablespoons;
- sugar - 7 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- sunflower oil - 80 milliliters.
Tasty pickled cabbage. Step by step recipe
- To prepare pickled cabbage, we need to take an enameled pan and boil water in it.
- In boiled water, add salt, sugar and vegetable sunflower oil. We mix everything so that the bulk ingredients dissolve: and only then add vinegar.
- Remove the pan from the stove and leave.
- Tip. Vinegar must be poured into the marinade when it is well warmed up, but removed from the stove, since the vinegar evaporates during boiling.
- Separately, rub on a coarse grater carrots: previously washed and peeled. Straws sweet bell pepper.
- We cut the cabbage forks or rub on a cabbage grater. For this salad, you need to take cabbage of middle and late varieties of maturity. Early cabbage for pickling and pickling is not suitable, because it will be too soft.
- We mix vegetables: you can do this with your hands.
- We arrange cabbage salad in banks. From this amount of vegetables, one liter jar and one half liter are obtained.
- Fill our cabbage with hot brine: it is thanks to this that the cabbage and pepper salad will be ready the next day.
- When the coleslaw in the banks has cooled, we remove it in the refrigerator. And leave for 12-16 hours.
Tip. In the marinade, you can add bay leaf, allspice, peppercorns and even cloves, if someone likes. And for sharpness, cut a third of the pod of red hot pepper.
- When serving, cabbage can be crushed with parsley. Pickled cabbage is very crispy and delicious.
If you have a lot of cabbage, then I suggest you another way of pickling cabbage.
- To do this, cut the cabbage into strips. The thinner the straws, the faster the cabbage will ferment. Rub one carrot on a coarse grater. Mix everything thoroughly in a large bowl. You need to salt well the cabbage: at the rate of 3 tablespoons of rock salt per kilogram of cabbage. Do not be afraid to salt the cabbage.
Tip. For salting vegetables, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, you need to take only rock salt: in no case iodized!
- Next: sprinkle cabbage with dill seeds on top of the salt. And mix again. Let the cabbage stand for 5 minutes and lay it in jars, pressing it tightly (ramming). To prepare pickles, jars can not be sterilized (do not boil).
- Next, pierce the cabbage with a knife in a jar to the bottom in several places. This is necessary so that the gases that are formed during the fermentation process escape. We cover the jar with cabbage with a napkin and put it in a warm place. After 3-4 days, the cabbage will be ready for use. It can be stored in the refrigerator or in the basement. If you like more sour sauerkraut - then leave it for another day in a warm place.
- Such sauerkraut can be served with onions and vegetable oil. And also it is perfect for toppings in pies, dumplings. It can also be stewed and fried. Especially good cabbage dishes during Lent. During heat treatment, a little fresh, grated, can be added to sauerkraut. Then the dish will not be so sour.
- Tip. If you do not have fresh cabbage, and sauerkraut is a little peroxide, you just need to rinse it in cold running water: excess acid will go away and the cabbage will be suitable for further cooking.
There is another way to cook pickled cabbage with hot pickle.
- For this salad, we cut the cabbage leaves into small cubes: about 3-4 centimeters. We put them in a pan not all at once, but in parts.
- On top of the cabbage we put sliced raw beets in circles: you need to take three small beets per kilogram of cabbage. Spread sliced carrots on the beets, and garlic slices on top (for this salad you need one head of garlic). And again we repeat: cabbage, then beets, carrots and garlic.
- When all the vegetables are stacked in a pan, they must be seasoned with hot marinade. The proportions of the ingredients for brine can be taken from a quick recipe for pickled cabbage with carrots. The cooking technology is the same.
- When the vegetables poured in the marinade have cooled, remove the pot of cabbage in a cold place so that all the vegetables are saturated with the marinade. After 3-4 days, cabbage can be served. It will be not only very tasty, but also presentable. Her red little leaves will be a good decoration for any table, and sweet and sour taste - a great addition to meat or fish dishes.
Pickled cabbage salad with carrots can be prepared at any time of the year, but it is especially good in the fall, when all the vegetables are ripe and filled with juices - and they are not expensive at all. With the site "Very tasty" you can always cook delicious dishes that you "can afford".