And today I have a tasty, healthy summer salad with an original dressing. This dressing transforms a simple set of vegetables and makes them an irresistible festive dish! Such a summer salad can be prepared for any celebration, and, believe me, guests will grab it instantly. (Tested on my own experience). In addition, this dressing can be used to prepare other salads. For example, I want to share another festive and very tasty dish that you can please your friends and relatives.
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 1 tablespoon;
- honey - 1 teaspoon (to replace invert syrup);
- Dijon (grain) mustard - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves.
For summer salad:
- lettuce - 30-50 grams;
- cucumber - 200 grams;
- tomatoes - 200 grams;
- onions - 50-70 grams;
- feta cheese (Adyghe, feta, tofu) - 100 grams.
For holiday salad:
- peeled shrimp - 150 grams (or unpeeled shrimp - 450-500 grams);
- tomatoes - 200 grams;
- Bulgarian pepper medium size - 1 piece;
- pitted olives - 20 pieces;
- arugula - 50-60 grams;
- Parmesan cheese - 30-50 grams;
- lemon juice - 1-2 tablespoons.
Delicious summer salad. Step by step recipe
- Preparing dressing: in a bowl, mix vegetable oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon (grain) mustard, salt and garlic, skipped in a garlic or grated. For this dressing, olive oil or any other, preferably unrefined, is best suited. Instead of apple cider vinegar, you can use any fruit 6%. Honey can be replaced with invert syrup.
- Step-by-step preparation of summer salad: tear with your hands lettuce leaves of any size and put them in a salad bowl. For this dish, you can use any kind of greens.
- We cut cucumbers into large cubes, and tomatoes into thin slices. But you can adjust the size of the chopped vegetables as you wish. If you like to eat a salad of finely chopped products, then chop finely.
- Cut the onion in half and cut into thin half rings. And also sent to the salad bowl.
- Pour salad dressing, mix and spread on top slices of cheese (it can be cut or broken with your hands - as you like). You can also make a vegan version of summer salad - use tofu cheese instead of feta cheese.
- Step-by-step preparation of a holiday salad: we heat a pot of water to a boil, throw shrimps, salt and boil for 1.5-2 minutes from the moment of boiling. We decantate the water, and we discard the shrimp into a colander. If you used unpeeled shrimp, then we clean them.
- Fry peeled shrimp in vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes, over medium heat, stirring constantly. After adding lemon juice, stir and remove from heat.
- Peel the seeds and cut them into long thin strips (along the vegetable).
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices. If you use cherry tomatoes, then they can be cut in half or 4 parts.
- Cut olives in circles, 3 mm thick.
- We rinse washed and dried arugula with our hands (this way it better reveals its aroma). Instead of arugula, you can use any of the salads or their mix.
- Parmesan cut into thin chips. To do this, use a special knife (I use a knife to peel vegetables). Parmesan can be replaced with any cheese (mozzarella, suluguni, bynza). We leave part of the cheese for decoration.
- We put all the prepared ingredients - bell pepper, tomatoes, shrimp, olives, arugula, cheese in a salad bowl, pour dressing, mix and decorate with cheese slices on top.
So quickly and easily we prepared 2 different salads, but with the same dressing. The most interesting thing is that when you eat them, you will not immediately say that this is the same dressing. Salads with greens are both very light, juicy, fresh, just what you need for the summer season, given that mayonnaise dishes spoil very quickly in the summer heat. They can be prepared both for the dining table and for the holiday. And with this dressing you can cook a lot of other vegetable salads. Bon appetit together with “Very tasty”!