If you make preparations for the winter, then be sure to cook delicious pickled tomatoes. The recipe for these delicious pickled tomatoes for the winter, I inherited. It is best to cover such pickled tomatoes in liter jars. I came home from work in the evening, fried potatoes, opened a jar of pickled tomatoes and eat, have fun.
- 4 kg of tomatoes;
- 3 liters + 1 glass of water;
- 150 grams of rock salt;
- 450 grams of sugar;
- 185 milliliters 9% vinegar;
On one liter can:
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley;
- 2-3 parts of horseradish leaf;
- 4-5 slices of carrots;
- 1 umbrella of dill;
- 3-4 half rings of onions;
- 4 pieces of pepper peas;
- 1 sheet of currant;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 bay leaf.
Delicious pickled tomatoes. Step by step recipe
- Before you start pickling tomatoes, prepare jars. As I said, we take liter jars for this recipe. Wash them well under warm running water using soda. We put the washed cans in the cold oven with the neck down. We turn on the oven at a temperature of 130 degrees and as soon as it warms up, count down exactly ten minutes and turn it off. This time will be enough to sterilize the cans. You can sterilize the jars in any convenient way.
- In each sterilized liter jar we lay sheets of currant, horseradish, parsley branches. Dill for preservation is best taken not young, green, but umbrellas, then the tomatoes will be more fragrant.
- Next, in a jar we lay circles of chopped carrots and peppercorns.
- Peeled garlic, cut into small pieces and send to the jar. Please note: the amount of spices in the ingredients is indicated per one liter jar. In total, we will get six cans of them, so you can immediately prepare spices for this amount.
- There we send a bay leaf, sliced onions in half rings and begin to lay the tomatoes. They should certainly be washed. Tomatoes are best taken small, medium-sized and always ripe. The color of the tomatoes depends on your taste.
- Pour water into the pan. We will prepare the marinade for 6 cans, which means that it will take three liters of water and one additional glass to let the marinade evaporate during cooking.
- Pour salt and sugar into the water, put the marinade on the stove so that it boils.
- When the marinade boils, add vinegar to it.
- Gently pour jars of tomatoes with boiling marinade. cover them with sterile lids on top.
- Pour hot water into another large pan, put jars of tomatoes in it for further sterilization. As soon as the water in the pan boils, we detect it for 7-8 minutes and sterilize the jars. Then we get them out and immediately roll them up.
- Wrap the finished, curled jars and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
These are the pickled tomatoes with garlic we got. Cooking them is very simple. Just follow the recipe exactly and be sure to look at the end of the video how to pickle tomatoes. Undoubtedly, you will like such delicious pickled tomatoes and next year you will close them not with six cans, but much more. Be sure to visit our site “Delicious”, there you will find a large number of preservation recipes. Enjoy your meal!
Video belongs to Svetlana Chernova