And I again have a delicious and satisfying, with a Turkish touch - a white bean salad. This salad is an additional dish to cutlets. You know, I tried a lot of bean salads, and this one turned out to be special, with an interesting sour taste. Although all simple, familiar products: but this dish of beans and vegetables turns out to be different, very tasty and, in fact, goes well with meatballs. The first time I appreciated it in a Turkish restaurant, and today we will cook it at home.
- white beans - 200 grams;
- tomatoes - 150-170 grams;
- medium-sized onions - 1 piece;
- fresh cucumber - 150 grams;
- bell pepper - 100-120 grams (weight without peduncle and seeds);
- eggs - 1-2 pieces;
- pomegranate sauce - 1-2 tablespoons (to replace balsamic vinegar - 0.5-1 teaspoon);
- average lemon - 0.5 pieces;
- olive oil - 3-4 tablespoons;
- Oriental spice "Sumak" - 1 tablespoon;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- parsley to taste.
Delicious white bean salad. Step by step recipe
- Soak the beans in cold water overnight (warm water is not suitable, since legumes can turn sour for a long time). Drain the liquid, and the beans must be washed and boiled in new unsalted water until tender, over low heat. 5-10 minutes before turning off the stove, season with salt (or you may not salt the beans at all, but then add more salt to the future sauce - I like it more when it is already salted). We express the finished beans and leave to cool with the lid open.
- Before cooking, be sure to wash and dry the vegetables. The weight of all vegetables is approximate - focus on 1 piece of the average size of each vegetable. Of course, if you use cherry instead of a regular tomato, or gherkins instead of a cucumber, then take by weight.
- Cucumber, tomato and bell pepper crumbled into small cubes. Also, according to the recipe, cucumber is sometimes not added to this bean salad. Therefore, if you did not have it, do not worry - cook without it.
- We send the chopped tomato, pepper and cucumber to the cooled beans.
- Onions for this salad must be chopped with thin feathers.
- Squeeze juice out of half a lemon. If you don’t have a juicer, it’s very easy to do it with a fork: stick the teeth of the fork into the flesh of a lemon and turn in a circle, pressing it to the inner edges. Strain on a sieve to remove bones and possible fibers.
- We divide the chopped onion half-rings into separate feathers, pour over lemon juice (approximately half of the squeezed volume), add 0.5 tablespoon of the sumak. Mix well with your hands, slightly crushing the onion so that it quickly releases the juice, it is better marinated and its bitterness is gone. Leave for 7-10 minutes. Sumak is an oriental spice (powder) with a sour taste, reddish-violet color, it can be purchased in shops with oriental spices. But if you could not find the sumac, then in this recipe you can do without it, since its function is to add acid. Just add more lemon juice to pickle the onions (in this case, the total amount will need to be slightly increased).
- We prepare the sauce for the white bean salad: pour the remaining lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate sauce (balsamic vinegar), salt, ground pepper and the rest of the sumak into the container. Mix everything and leave to brew for 10 minutes. Please note: if you did not add salt at the end of the cooking process, consider this and put more in it.
- Send pickled onions and chopped parsley to the rest of the ingredients. Dress with sauce and mix well. We try, if necessary, add salt or add acid.
- According to the rules, the finished salad is laid out on a flat oblong dish. On a board, cut eggs into thin slices and decorate them with bean salad.
All is ready! Such an original and delicious salad of white beans, tomatoes and other vegetables can be prepared for a holiday or family dinner. Although the beans are quite satisfying and a bit heavy for the stomach, in this dish, due to vegetables and acid, this is absolutely not felt. But what salad without cutlets? Let's cook my favorite, very simple homemade patties. Below I presented a step-by-step recipe for my crown cutlets.
Juicy, tender homemade meatballs are waiting for you to cook and try them. They are prepared from a mixture of ground beef and turkey, so they are much tastier and softer than just beef. And scatter at the table in an instant - just have time to serve. My family just loves them. Homemade meatballs are my helping hand to any side dish. They are prepared easily, quickly, but it turns out very tasty and healthy.
- ground turkey meat - 300 grams;
- ground beef - 300 grams;
- medium-sized onions - 1 piece;
- loaf - 2 slices;
- egg yolks - 2 pieces;
- vegetable oil - 1-2 tablespoons;
- milk - 250 milliliters;
- breading flour;
- sunflower oil for frying;
- salt, freshly ground pepper.
Homemade meatballs. Step by step recipe
- We prepare the loaf in advance, leaving the sliced pieces overnight so that they become hard (or dried in the oven). For the splendor of cutlets, it is very important to use a stale loaf or white bread.
- Soak it in cold milk (can be replaced with water). After skipping in a meat grinder.
- Mix 2 types of minced meat, chopped onion, loaf, egg yolks, salt, season with pepper. Also, for splendor and tenderness, I add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the minced meat. Knead everything well.
- Forcemeat beat off so that it is saturated with oxygen. To do this, grab it with your hands and throw it back into the bowl with a little amplification. So do 3-5 minutes.
- We cover the minced meat with cling film, leave it to stand and rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Cutlets are breaded in flour and fry on both sides until cooked. When I form the cutlet, I do not make it flattened, but put the round barrel in the pan. In the process of roasting, it will slightly settle, but in the middle it will remain more juicy.
Lush, tender, homemade meatballs are ready! So delicious and juicy that the first time you won’t understand that they are made from lean, dietary meat. And what a delicious combination of them with a Turkish salad of white beans with vegetables - you lick your fingers! Let's cook these cutlets and salad, and together with “I love to cook” we will turn an ordinary family dinner into a real celebration of taste at home! Enjoy your meal!