Eggplant is an incredibly healthy and vitamin-rich vegetable. In addition, this is a very satisfying and tasty product, the calorie content of which is not at all high. Adding a few simple ingredients, you get a very light and equally tasty snack.
- 1 large eggplant (or a few medium ones);
- hard cheese of low fat content - 200 grams;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- fresh basil - several branches;
- 1 large tomato;
- salt to taste;
- a mixture of herbs (Provencal or Italian) - 0.5 teaspoon.
Eggplant appetizer with cheese. Step by step recipe
- Wash the eggplant thoroughly and peel it around the edges. Cut it into rings (thickness 1-1.5 centimeters). Soak the eggplant for 10 minutes in salted water - this will help get rid of bitterness.
- Remove the eggplant from the water and dry it with paper towels.
- Finely chop the garlic and fry it until golden brown. Next, add chopped basil and tomato. Stew the sauce until cooked.
- Spread the eggplants evenly on a baking sheet, sprinkle with herbs, and place in a preheated oven for 20 minutes (temperature 180 ° C).
- After 20 minutes, put sauce and grated cheese on top of each eggplant. Bake another 10 minutes.
A warm eggplant appetizer is perfect for light chicken dishes.
Enjoy your meal!