A bright and original dish - an eggplant appetizer “Peacock Tail” - is a real table decoration. A simple and quick recipe will allow you to cook it in a few steps. The dish is cooked in the oven and includes, in addition to eggplant, many healthy vegetables, therefore it belongs to dietary ones. You can always choose dairy products included in the ingredients with a minimum percentage of fat content or replace them with tofu cheese and soy milk. Having undergone such a replacement, the snack will by no means lose its taste, but will acquire even greater nutritional value.
- 500 grams of eggplant;
- 300 grams of tomatoes;
- 200 grams of cucumbers;
- 200 grams feta cheese;
- half a can of olives;
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Eggplant appetizer “Peacock Tail”. Step by step recipe
- Cut the eggplant obliquely to get oval slices. To remove the taste of bitterness, soak in salted water for a couple of minutes.
- We lay out the dried eggplant on a baking sheet, sprinkled with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Shredded garlic, sour cream and cheese are mixed until smooth.
- We cut tomatoes and cucumbers in circles. Cut the olives in half.
- We spread the baked eggplant on a dish in the shape of a peacock tail and grease it with the prepared sauce.
- We spread a piece of tomato and cucumber on each eggplant, spread with sauce. We put one half of the olives on greased vegetables.
- Eggplant appetizer is ready to delight the view and taste.
A very beautiful appetizer, this is exactly the dish that the children will enjoy with great pleasure, because sometimes it is so difficult to convince them to eat something healthy. Moreover, joint cooking of eggplant appetizers will bring joy to you and your kids. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the grilled eggplant salad and eggplant rolls.