I just love to cook summer eggplant salad, light and without mayonnaise. This salad is easily prepared at home, with eggplant and feta cheese. This is a real summer salad, because its ingredients also include tomatoes. And what could be tastier than such a salad in the hot summer season? Eggplant salad is ideal for any meat or as a separate dish. After all, it does not have mayonnaise, which means that absolutely everyone can eat it, even those who are on a diet.
- eggplant - 3 pieces;
- feta or feta cheese - 250 grams;
- apple cider vinegar 6% - 1 tablespoon;
- garlic - 1-2 cloves;
- tomatoes - 3-4 pieces;
- walnuts - 50 grams;
- greens (parsley, basil, dill) - to taste;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
Eggplant summer salad. Light and without mayonnaise. Step by step recipe
- Small eggplants must be washed before preparing the salad. We don’t clean the eggplants; we cut off only the stem of them. Cut them along the entire length into plates, and then cut each part into slices.
- We put the chopped eggplant in a deep bowl and generously salt it. Mix with a spoon or just by hand. We let them stand for 10-15 minutes so that they let out the juice and all bitterness disappears from them.
- After 15 minutes, we pour out the brown liquid that is released from the eggplant.
- Pour vegetable oil into the pan, any: sunflower or olive, let it heat. Put eggplant in a frying pan and fry on all sides for five minutes. During frying, eggplant should be constantly stirred so that they are fried from all sides and not burnt.
- Fried eggplant, directly hot, from the stove, transfer to a bowl and add apple cider vinegar to them.
- Garlic cloves peel and wash. Grind the garlic: it can be finely chopped with a knife or passed through a garlic squeezer. Add the garlic to the eggplant. We leave the eggplants to cool completely.
- Be sure to wash and dry the tomatoes from the water. Cut them in half, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- Walnuts, and we use already peeled, chop finely with a knife.
- In the salad, we use several types of fresh herbs: dill, parsley and basil. Before cooking, be sure to wash the greens under running water, shake it off and chop the greenfinch finely.
- Now add the tomatoes and greens to the already cooled eggplants and mix them.
- This salad can be served in another way. On a large-diameter dish, lay out the first layer of fried eggplant with garlic, then tomatoes, greens on top.
- Cut feta cheese into small cubes and spread the fourth layer on the salad, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Pour a little olive oil onto the salad, spreading it over the entire surface of the salad.
So you have learned how to cook a summer eggplant salad. Everything turned out to be quite simple, but insanely delicious. Be sure to prepare a summer eggplant salad, because it is their season now, and when else to cook such vegetable dishes as in the summer? And, as always, I invite you to visit our site “Delicious”, because there you will find a whole collection of simple and tasty recipes. Enjoy your meal!