Eggplant with vegetables in the oven is a great dish that will appeal to your whole family. It is tasty, light and healthy. After all, it contains all the vitamins of summer vegetables. Baked eggplant with tomatoes and cheese will appeal to even those who cannot imagine food without meat. Try it and see for yourself.
- eggplant - 3 pieces;
- tomatoes - 2-3 pieces;
- potatoes — 2 pieces;
- sweet pepper - 2 pieces;
- onions - 1 piece;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- sour cream - 200 grams;
- mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons;
- hard cheese - 100 grams;
- salt - a pinch;
- ground black pepper - a pinch.
Eggplant with vegetables in the oven. Step by step recipe
- Before cooking this dish, all vegetables must be washed and dried.
- Onions are cut into rings or half rings, 2-3 mm thick.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small circles.
Tip. You can boil a little potatoes in their skins, and then cut into circles. Firstly, this will shorten the cooking time, and secondly, when acid from tomatoes or other vegetables gets on raw potatoes, such potatoes become hard - therefore it must first be brought to a half-ready.
- We clean the tomatoes from the stalk and peel and also cut into 3-4 mm thick slices.
Tip. Blanching tomatoes is a way to remove the peel from vegetables using a temperature differential. That is, we cut the top of the tomato crosswise and dip it in boiling water for several minutes. Then we quickly take it out and put it in ice water. Then the peel can be easily removed without damaging the pulp of the tomato.
- Sweet bell peppers are peeled and cut into small rings: as thick as previous vegetables.
- We cut the tails of the eggplant and cut the vegetables into plates along, without cutting to the stalk, to make a “book”.
Tip. You do not need to clean the eggplant for this dish, because then after baking it will lose its shape. Therefore, it is necessary to take young vegetables. If you came across not very young eggplants, then you need bitterness to come out of them. To do this, after cutting the eggplant, lower it for 20-30 minutes in salted water. This method will help a little to get rid of the bitter taste of an overripe vegetable.
- In each "page" of our "book" of eggplant spread circles of potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream with mayonnaise, add salt, black pepper and crushed garlic.
Tip. For such a dish, you can take sour cream and mayonnaise of any fat content, but I prefer fatter: mayonnaise - 67% or 73%, and sour cream - 30%. Since the eggplants have a spongy structure and absorb all oils and fats well.
Tip. Garlic does not have to be crushed in a mortar or crushed through the garlic: you can just finely chop with a knife. Then the taste will not be so pronounced.
- Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater. I prefer Russian or Dutch.
- Mix the cheese with mayonnaise and sour cream.
Tip. Some housewives do not add grated cheese to the dressing, but sprinkle it on top: I prefer it when the cheese is saturated with sour cream and garlic taste. A golden crust is formed in any case.
- We lay eggplant “books” on a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil.
- Water the eggplant with a cream and cheese mixture.
Tip. Sour cream and cheese mixture with eggplant garlic can be replaced with a dressing of olive oil and soy sauce. Add different seasonings: for example, oregano and thyme - and this dish will become a little different. In the same way, you can cook zucchini or zucchini. The taste will turn out a little different, but it will also be tasty.
- We cover the baking sheet with foil and put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Ready-made baked eggplant with cheese can be sprinkled with finely chopped dill or parsley. Also interesting and harmonious is the combination of green cilantro and basil with tomatoes and eggplant.
- The same dish - baked vegetables with cheese, can be prepared in a slightly different interpretation, namely: each of the sliced vegetables - onions, potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and eggplants - is folded with a pyramid, shifting each vegetable in turn and dressing it with sauce. But in this case, the eggplant needs to be cut into circles. The taste of this will not change, but you will get a completely different presentation of the dish.
To the table, eggplant with vegetables, baked in sour cream sauce, must be served hot. Melted cheese with spicy garlic sauce is the best combination to ripe, juicy, summer vegetables. This dish will be a wonderful light lunch on a hot summer day. On the site “I love to cook” you can find many more wonderful recipes that from ordinary vegetables will help you cook fast and tasty dishes.