Most often for the winter we close strawberry, cherry, currant or raspberry jam. But the soul asks for something new and interesting. I am sharing with you another culinary masterpiece - this is emerald gooseberry jam! Your relatives have not tried this! Gooseberry emerald jam turns out such a beautiful and rich color, very tasty and unusual!
- Gooseberry - 1 kilogram;
- sugar - 1.5 kilograms;
- cherry leaves - 10 pieces.
Step by step recipe for emerald jam
- Gooseberry is not quite mature, put in a sieve, wash with cold water, strain and sort out. Small berries can be left intact, large cut on the side and remove spike seeds with part of the pulp.
- Arrange gooseberries with washed cherry leaves, rinse with boiling water and leave in a cool place for 8-10 hours. During this time, gooseberries let the juice go.
- Prepare syrup from two glasses of strained juice and sugar, boil. In the boiling syrup, place the prepared berries, removing the cherry leaves, remove the dishes from the heat and leave for 2-3 hours. after exposure, bring the jam to a boil, remove from heat and let cool.
- Then cook until cooked, but do not digest, so that the jam does not lose the emerald color.
- Put the cooled jam in clean, dry jars, cover with parchment paper, cover on top and store in a cool place.
Such a beautiful and delicious jam you will surprise your family and friends. And emerald jam is not only tasty and beautiful, but also very healthy.
Be healthy and enjoy your meal!