Recently I decided to cook quick buns with roses and potatoes. We in the family incredibly love any dish in which potatoes are present, so the proposal to cook delicious buns with potatoes in the form of roses was accepted with a bang. This is the second time I cooked this amazing dish: and everything turned out just as tasty. Therefore, do not waste time and check out the easy recipe on how to make rose muffins.
For the test:
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- sunflower oil - 150 milliliters;
- mineral water - 150 milliliters;
- egg - 1 piece;
- egg whites - 2 pieces;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- raw yeast - 42 grams;
- flour - 1100 grams.
- potatoes - 400-500 grams;
- olive oil - 30-40 milliliters;
- greens (onions and parsley) - optional;
For greasing buns:
- egg yolk - 2 pieces.
Quick buns with potatoes. Step by step recipe
- Peel the potatoes and cut it into two halves.
- Set to cook.
- We leave the cooked potatoes to cool.
- Cooking dough for buns.
- Add warm milk and sunflower oil to the bowl. All products except milk should be at room temperature.
- Add raw yeast, sugar and salt.
- We take one egg and add two proteins to it. That is, we take those eggs that were laid to grease the buns. Separate two yolks for lubrication, and add two proteins to the egg.
- Pour mineral sparkling water to the whole mixture. Mix well.
- When the yeast has completely dissolved, add the sifted flour. Mix with a fork. The dough should be elastic, but not stick to your hands.
- When the dough has absorbed all the flour, put it on the table and knead it with your hands. The table does not need to be sprinkled with flour, but if you see that it sticks to the surface, then sprinkle quite a bit. But remember: dough does not need to be hammered.
- A little grease the bowl and the dough with sunflower oil. Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave for an hour to make it fit.
- While the dough is “resting”, we make the filling for the potato muffins. Potatoes need to be chopped with a fork.
- No need to make mashed potatoes. If you get several potato breasts in the filling, then this is absolutely not scary. You can also chop potatoes by hand instead of a fork.
- We chop greens and send to potatoes.
- Add olive oil and salt with pepper. Mix everything thoroughly.
- After an hour, we return to the test. We solder a plate with flour and grease it with our hands. We “lower” the dough and make small spherical blanks from it. Cover them with a towel.
- We take one piece and start making a cake out of it. As I said, at this stage you do not need to sprinkle flour on the table. The cake can be made in two ways: knead the dough by hand or using a rolling pin.
- We make cuts on each side of the cake so that they are parallel to each other.
- In the middle we put a teaspoon (with a slide) of the filling.
- We form a rose in this way: take one edge and cover it with the filling, slightly connecting. Then cover with the parallel side. And the remaining sides also cover, securing the ends from the bottom.
- We send the finished bun-rosette to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- To roll the buns, cover them with a towel for 10 minutes.
- While the buns are standing, you should kindle the oven and heat to 200 degrees.
- Now grease the buns with egg yolk. We send ready buns with potato filling to bake for 20 minutes.
So we have prepared beautiful buns in the form of roses, stuffed with potatoes and herbs. You can also make a filling of goat cheese: it will turn out no less tasty. The buns themselves are very soft and delicate, and the smell from them is simply breathtaking. My relatives could not wait until they cool down a bit and ate a few pieces as soon as I got out of the oven. But it’s best to eat them warm so as not to get burned. Rejoice your loved ones with the “I love to cook” resource. I wish you bon appetit!