Fast salted cucumbers are the dream of any hostess. Agree, because not a single festive table can do without delicious and crispy pickles. A year ago, I was visiting my older sister, and on the table I saw such salted cucumbers. They have always been my weakness: especially if they retained natural freshness. Having tried the cucumbers, I did not immediately believe that they were pickled. I was convinced only after I saw the jar where the cucumbers were stored. Natural crunch and incredible sweet-salty taste won my heart. Try it: you are sure - instant cucumbers will impress.
- fresh cucumbers - 1.5 kilograms;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- black pepper peas - 10 pieces;
- one and a half liters of water;
- a couple of large heads of garlic;
- cherry, currant leaves;
- horseradish leaves (you can use a peeled root);
- inflorescences of dill;
- a teaspoon of sugar.
Fast salted cucumbers. Step by step recipe
Cooking light-salted cucumbers is a very easy and simple process, and most importantly: you can get your favorite pickles in a short time.
- Prepare a 3 liter jar. Also find a nylon cover so that later it can be used to close salted cucumbers with boiling water. Take soda and wash the jar thoroughly with its help: so that it is sterile clean.
- Prepare a pickle for quick cucumbers in a jar. Pour into a saucepan of water: one and a half liters of water is the norm for pickling a three-liter jar of cucumbers.
- Turn on the burner, and put a saucepan with water on it. Add salt and a little sugar to the water.
- After that, cover the pan with a lid and bring the consistency to a boil.
- Take horseradish leaves or chopped root, put on the bottom of the jar.
- Then we bend the branches of dill and shove it after the horseradish. We do the same with the leaves of currant and cherry. Before you put them in a jar, be sure to rinse so that dirt and germs do not get on the cucumbers.
- Pour a little pea of black pepper.
- We clean the garlic and cut its slices in half so that the juice and aroma stand out better. Add it to the jar.
- We take fresh cucumbers, washed them thoroughly. Now you need to trim the ends on each: on both sides.
- After we lay them on twigs in a jar. We do this carefully so that the cucumbers fit tightly on one another.
- After half the capacity is full, repeat the layer of twigs. It is necessary that the pickles in the jar quickly and evenly soaked in spices.
- Then again we take the cucumbers and lay them to the end of the jar.
- On top also lay the leaves of horseradish, dill and currants.
- Now take the pickle. He should boil with us and stand for about five minutes. Remember: pouring quick cucumbers with boiling water is not recommended.
- Fill with brine. It should be noted that the jar needs to be filled to the very top. Then we close the jar with a nylon cover. Leave the jar to stand at room temperature for 24 hours: you can leave it on the kitchen table. Thus, we will cook light-salted cucumbers to eat them in a day. A jar of cucumbers must be stored in the refrigerator: keep in mind that every day they will become more salt
Tips and tricks for cooking salted cucumbers.
There are several tricks on how to pickle cucumbers at home, so that they have an incredible taste and a pleasant crunch.
- Before using cucumbers, you should soak them for three hours in clean cold water: then they will become more elastic and crisp. But, keep in mind: this way it is impossible to bring sluggish vegetables back to life, although many are mistakenly convinced of this.
- In order for the cucumbers in the jar to become crispy in one day, do not fill the jar too tightly with them. Leave some space so that they absorb the brine well.
- By the way, so that cucumbers better absorb the aroma of spices, it is best to place them vertically in a jar.
- You can save time without trimming the ends of the vegetables: since they are thoroughly soaked thoroughly.
- Be sure to carefully wash the cucumbers to get rid of dirt and bacteria. Agree - these are extra ingredients.
- In order for the salted cucumbers in the jar, cooked in one day, to stand for as long as possible, pour them with cold brine and store in the refrigerator. Low temperature slows down the fermentation process.
- It is better to choose small cucumbers that do not have yellowness. Perfect for pickling if cucumbers with pimples do not bitter.
Well, here we are acquainted with the recipe for fast salted cucumbers. They are incredibly tasty and crunch nicely, while maintaining the characteristics of fresh vegetables. They can be used as slices, snacks, as an ingredient in a salad on your holiday table. On the culinary site “I love to cook” you can watch a video of cooking cucumbers - and you will find other interesting recipes.