A delicious, refined, fragrant salad with crackers and basil is a great appetizer in front of the main course. Juicy ripe tomatoes in combination with aromatic basil and spicy, crispy onions, slightly drenched in olive oil - this is a classic of Italian cuisine, which emphasizes the spicy aroma of thyme. Appetizing crackers made of white bread give the dish an additional taste, make it more satisfying.
- tomatoes — 2 pieces;
- white bread - 0.25 part of a loaf;
- basil - 20 grams;
- onion - 1 piece;
- salt to taste;
- olive oil - 3-5 tablespoons;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- dried thyme - to taste;
Fragrant salad with crackers and basil. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare crackers for our salad. To do this, cut the white bread into small cubes: up to about one centimeter.
- Pour vegetable oil into a well-heated pan and sprinkle it with a pinch of dried thyme. When the oil warms up well, and the thyme begins to exude an incredibly pleasant aroma, spread the cubes of white bread and fry them until a golden crust is formed.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices. For a salad with tomatoes and crackers, it is better to choose fleshy ripe tomatoes, but not ripe: to keep their shape well, moderately acidic.
- Onions (white salad or blue), peel and cut into thin quarter rings.
- On a plate we transfer crackers prepared for salad. Top - pieces of tomato, slightly salted. Can be seasoned with ground black pepper.
- Tip. In order for pepper to be more aromatic, it needs to be slightly fried in a hot pan and chopped still warm directly in the dish that you cook.
- If you want to give the dish a spicy touch, grease the salad plate before spreading it with a clove of garlic. The garlic flavor will remain, but there will be no smell.
- We lay the chopped salad onions on the tomato slices.
- We wash the basil well, dry it in a centrifuge or using napkins and, tearing the leaves, spread them on top of crackers.
- Top the salad with basil and vegetables again sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle our salad with olive oil, it is better to use first-pressed oil, and sprinkle with dried aromatic herbs.
- Tip. Such a salad will be very tasty if you pour a little balsamic or wine vinegar over the onion.
There is another recipe for a delicious summer salad with tomatoes.
- For him, the tomatoes need to be washed, peeled from the stalks and cut into large cubes.
- Peel the light blue onion and cut into half rings.
- We clear red sweet bell pepper from seeds and cut into cubes: the size, like tomatoes.
- A bunch of arugula needs to be sorted out, washed thoroughly and dried.
- Mix all the components of the salad and pour in the dressing, for which you need to mix the olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt, dried oregano. Add to taste mustard seeds.
- This dressing should well soak all the components of the salad, and sprinkle it with black cumin seeds on top.
A delicious light summer salad with crackers, seasoned with olive oil, is served immediately after cooking: otherwise the juice that the tomatoes let out will soak the crackers. They will get wet and stop crackling. Visit our website “Delicious”: and cook with us. After all, there are many diverse recipes for delicious dishes, the secrets of their preparation and ways of serving.