Modern freezers allow you to harvest a lot of vegetables for the future. With proper freezing, all the nutrients in vegetables, fruits, mushrooms and herbs are preserved. You can freeze both whole fruits and slices or in the form of mashed potatoes or juices. Very comfortably harvest vegetable mixtures, in supermarkets, they are expensive, and you, in the season of vegetables, can practically freeze your additives for soups, borsch, gravy and sauces for almost a dime. So that frozen vegetables really retain their beneficial properties, taste and appearance, follow the basic rules freezing vegetables. If possible, use special, durable freezing bags so that no air enters them.
- First, vegetables should be fresh, not spoiled, thoroughly washed and dried.
- Secondly, if you have a super-freeze function in your freezer, use it to freeze prepared packages with vegetables as quickly as possible.
In packages there should be no excess air and you must not allow them re-freezing. Do not thaw vegetables under hot water. To make it easy for you harvest vegetables, we will show you a homemade recipe and various nuances of freezing basic vegetables for the winter, so you can use fresh vegetables to prepare delicious dishes.
Ingredients for freezing vegetables for the winter
Cooking step by step freezing vegetables for the winter with a photo
- To freeze bell pepper for the winter, there are several ways, depending on what you will later cook from it. To stuff the pepper, prepare it whole. Wash the vegetables thoroughly, dry, peel the seeds, fold one into one as much as you usually cook, pack in bags, preferably two, release excess air and put in the freezer. So to cook stuffed peppers you need a tomato, start a few peppers with chopped tomatoes and herbs.
- For the preparation of bell pepper for the preparation of soups, borscht or salads, chop the bell pepper in strips or cubes. It will be beautiful if the peppers are in different shades. Place the servings in bags, squeeze well, removing excess air. Send to the freezer.
- To freeze cauliflower, you first need to blanch it over low heat for about 3 minutes. Throw in a colander, cool and dry well. Divide the cauliflower into inflorescences and pack in portions in bags and containers.
- Broccoli is also frozen with preliminary heat treatment. Wash the cabbage thoroughly, divide into inflorescences, blanch for 2-3 minutes, and when it dries, pack it, releasing air from the bags.
- Asparagus beans as well as cauliflower, it is necessary to blanch for 2-3 minutes before freezing. Cool, dry and pack in portions. Immediately send for superfrost.
- Tomatoes can also be frozen in several ways. To prepare pizza, tomatoes can be frozen in circles in a bag in one layer.
- For the preparation of sauces and gravy, freeze the tomatoes in the form of mashed potatoes or cut them into cubes. You can fill silicone molds or disposable cups with tomato juice, freeze, and then transfer them into bags.
- Eggplant is recommended to freeze after heat treatment. For example, you can washed and dried eggplant, cut lengthwise into strips, fry until golden brown, cool and put into bags. In winter, you can cook garlic rolls from them. Eggplants can also be baked, peeled and frozen.
- You can also prepare vegetable mixtures. It is worth considering what kind of vegetables you like to eat, as well as how much should be enough for one serving.
- For example, for the preparation of soups, a suitable set of vegetables is suitable: tomatoes, green beans or green peas, carrots, onions, cauliflower, broccoli and greens. Each chopped vegetable must be separately blanched before freezing, except for the tomato. Cool and dry, mix vegetables and pack, releasing excess air.
- Such mixtures are dipped in boiling soup, 3-5 minutes before cooking.
Frozen vegetables are generally not previously thawed, but are placed in boiling soup or stew immediately from the freezer. Enjoy your meal!