If you want to tasty and satisfying feed your family, then prepare this awesome evening salad “Delicious dinner”. A portion of such a dish will be a useful full-fledged dinner: hearty, but without unnecessary burden. And the pleasure you get from what you eat extends your life! So let's head for delicious longevity and cook this simple, original salad with vegetables, avocados and rice. And, by the way, such a salad will be the perfect complement not only to a simple family dinner, but also to a festive dinner! You will definitely enjoy it.
- any salad or Beijing cabbage - 100 grams;
- tomatoes - 100 grams;
- avocado - 0.5 pieces;
- rice - 40-45 grams;
- finished black beans (to replace red beans, chickpeas) - 100 grams;
- hard cheese - 30-50 grams;
- cilantro - 4-5 branches;
- low-fat yogurt - 2 tablespoons;
- mayonnaise - 1 teaspoon (optional);
- mustard - to taste;
- lemon juice - 0.5 teaspoon (optional);
- salt, pepper, spices - optional.
Awesome evening salad "Tasty dinner." Step by step recipe
- We prepare rice in advance: for this salad it is better to use steamed long-grain rice (a variety of basmati, indica). Dry rice is well washed under running water until all starch is washed off and the water drains clear.
- If your time allows, soak it in cold water for 2 hours. After decanting the water and boiled rice, boil it in boiling water in a ratio of 1: 2 (1 part rice and 2 parts water). During cooking, salt and season with water as desired. Boil the rice for about 15 minutes from the moment of boiling over low heat. We try, if it is soft - ready, if hard, then you can add a little water (50-60 milliliters) and cook for about 5 minutes.
- We wash the finished rice with warm boiled water and leave it to cool completely.
- Black beans can also be boiled in advance or canned in a jar. You can also replace them with red beans (it does not boil during cooking and is better suited for salads than white) or chickpeas.
- If you use raw legumes, then before cooking they must be soaked in cold water, at least 3-4 hours (preferably at night). After the water is sure to be drained, the beans are washed and boiled in water without salt. Salt is added 5-10 minutes before turning off the stove.
- Washed and dried lettuce (Beijing cabbage) leaves are cut into small cubes, about 2x2 centimeters. Put in a bowl.
- We cut the tomatoes in the same small slices and send them to the lettuce leaves.
- We complement the dish with boiled rice, legumes, chopped cilantro. You can adjust the exact amount of rice and beans as you wish. Also, I tried to replace cilantro with parsley - I liked this option.
- Without peeling the avocado, we make the cuts of the pulp with a knife in the form of squares and with a spoon we separate these squares from the skin. If you serve the salad after a while, then the avocado can be slightly sprinkled with lemon juice so that the flesh does not darken.
- Cooking dressing: mix yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard (I mainly take 0.5 teaspoon), salt, season with pepper and mix well. For this salad, you can use both store-bought and very tasty homemade mayonnaise. You can read his easy recipe on our website “I Love Cooking”. If you are an opponent of mayonnaise, you can completely exclude it from this salad with vegetables and rice. Only in this case, take a little more yogurt or replace with sour cream.
- Dress salad with sauce, mix, taste and, if necessary, add salt, season with spices.
- We spread the salad on a serving dish and sprinkle with grated hard cheese on top. You can use any cheese: I tried to cook with smoked suluguni (pigtail cheese) - I liked it even more than with ordinary hard.
Evening salad "Delicious dinner" is ready! This is really awesome dish: juicy vegetables, tender avocados, hearty rice and beans - the perfect combination! It can be served both cold and warm. Prepare rice and beans in advance (I cook with the expectation of 2-3 days, keep them in the refrigerator): and very easily and quickly, literally in a matter of minutes, you can cook dinner for the whole family! Be with us on “I love to cook” - we still have a lot of tasty, healthy, simple and quick to cook dishes that everyone will like! Enjoy your meal!