Recently I visited a guest who tried a very unusual and tasty salad with chicken liver and vegetables, called "Ice drift". He impressed me with a very successful combination of products and its general simplicity. And he is absolutely without mayonnaise, spicy sauces, with a small amount of vegetable oil: and at the same time it turns out juicy, rich and quite satisfying. So it can be safely eaten even by those who adhere to a diet. Beautifully and originally decorated salad will be a delicious highlight of the festive table. Checked at their guests - instantly scattered! Therefore, we will not pull, and let's cook funky holiday salad "Ice drift".
- chicken stock - 450 milliliters (the cooking method is described below);
- chicken liver - 500 grams;
- gelatin - 35 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- onions - 150 grams;
- carrots - 400 grams;
- parsley - 5-6 branches;
- salt, pepper, coriander - to taste.
Funky holiday salad "Ice drift". Step by step recipe
- Ready, slightly warm chicken stock, filter through several layers of gauze and remove all the fat on top. For ice-lettuce, you need 450 grams of clean, filtered broth. How to cook chicken broth, I will describe below.
- Combine the broth with instant gelatin, stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. If you use ordinary large granular gelatin, then fill it with a small amount of broth, leave it to swell for 15-20 minutes, melt in a water bath, and then combine with the remaining broth and stir.
- Pour the broth into a flat form for solidification: the form should be of such a size that the height of the broth in it was 1.5-2 centimeters. Pour the broth through a sieve to remove the remaining gelatin lumps.
- We put in the refrigerator for solidification.
- We wash the chicken liver and boil for 10-15 minutes from the moment of boiling, seasoning with salt and spices. We drain the water, and leave the liver to cool.
- Thinly chop the onion with a quarter of the rings and fry it in vegetable oil (2 tablespoons).
- The washed, peeled carrots are rubbed on a coarse grater.
- When the onion is slightly fried (it becomes a bit transparent), add the grated carrots to it, season with salt, pepper and ground coriander, mix. Stew vegetables on low heat until cooked. If desired, the pan can be covered with a lid. The willingness of vegetables is determined according to your taste (someone likes softer, someone fried and so on).
- Remove the pan with vegetables from the stove and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the cooled chicken liver into small pieces.
- Washed, dried parsley branches shred as finely as possible.
- On a flat dish with slightly raised sides, spread the chopped liver, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Next, spread the fried onions and carrots on top.
- We cut the frozen broth into cubes, measuring 1.5x1.5 or 2x2 centimeters (according to your desire). Separate them and put them on top of the salad.
- Before serving, put Ledokhod salad in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that it is saturated.
Salad "Ice drift" really looks original, festive and very tasty! Tender slices of the liver are saturated with juicy, fragrant carrot-onion sauce, and cubes of frozen broth give the salad a juiciness. In general, very tasty and unusual. I recommend preparing this awesome salad “Ledokhod” for a festive table, family dinner or friendly gatherings! I am sure everyone will appreciate the originality and taste of your dish. Enjoy your meal!
Chicken stock for salad "Ice drift"
Delicious, rich chicken stock is very easy to make. And it’s also very nice that it is absolutely not expensive for money. For its preparation, even chicken parts cut from meat are suitable. I very often buy breast on the bones, separate the fillets, and use the bones in the preparation of the broth. You can also use shins, wings and so on. The main thing is to approach the preparation itself correctly - and you will succeed: it is very simple. I guarantee you! And to make it easier for you to understand the whole process, I will write in detail the recipe for cooking.
- chicken parts (bones, wings, and so on) - 450-500 grams;
- water - 2.5 liters;
- carrots - 200 grams;
- onions - 200 grams;
- celery root - 200 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon (to taste);
- black pepper (peas) - 4-5 peas;
- allspice (peas) - 4-5 peas;
- bay leaf - 2-3 leaves;
- parsley, dill, 3-4 branches.
Chicken stock for salad "Ice drift". Step by step recipe
- We wash the chicken parts well, transfer to a saucepan, fill with a small amount of water so that only the meat is covered - and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the foam rose and the water boiled, I still cook for half a minute, removing the foam. And then we drain the water, wash the chicken.
- Tip. Be sure to drain the first water.
- Pour the second time with 2.5 liters of water and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables: wash, peel, can be left whole or cut into large pieces.
- We send vegetables, salt and spices to the chicken, bring to a boil, again remove the resulting foam, reduce the heat to a minimum. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. At this time, we do not interfere with the broth, we make sure that the water does not boil strongly.
- After an hour, add the greens and cook another 30-40 minutes. 5-10 minutes before removing from the stove, try the broth: add salt if necessary.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool completely. After we take out the vegetables and chicken bones, and we filter the chicken broth through a sieve.
The chicken broth turned out to be aromatic, rich and very tasty. Since we do not need the whole amount of broth for Ledokhod salad, it can be refrigerated and stored there for up to three days. Or you can pour it into bags with fasteners and freeze: frozen chicken stock is stored for up to three months - this is very convenient and practical. Cook with us on “Delicious” and delight your loved ones with delicious, healthy and easy-to-cook food! Enjoy your meal!