Funky carrots in Korean have long become a traditional snack: without it, it is difficult to imagine a casual and festive menu. Delicious carrots can be served as an independent dish, or can be used to prepare a variety of delicious foods - and get real culinary masterpieces as a result. Homemade Korean carrots turn out so tasty and fragrant that it is simply impossible to come off. There are many recipes for cooking carrots in Korean, but I like this one the most: simple, fast and very tasty.
- 1 kilogram of carrots;
- half the onion head;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon with a slide of salt;
- 1.5 teaspoon of vinegar essence (70%);
- 100 milliliters of sunflower oil;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 0.5 teaspoon coriander;
- 0.5 teaspoon sesame seeds;
- ground black and red pepper to taste.
Funky carrots in Korean. Step by step recipe
- Carrots (it is better to use a sweet, with a pronounced taste) wash, peel, grate for Korean carrots or coarse grater. Salt and mix well with your hands.
- Add acetic acid, mix again. We crush with our hands, let stand: carrots should let the juice go.
- Finely chop the half of the onion onion and fry in all the oil (according to the recipe) until transparent.
- Pour juice from carrots, pour hot vegetable oil with onions.
- Add all the spices, sugar and garlic, passed through the press. Mix.
- Korean carrots can be eaten immediately, but it is better to let it brew for a day in the refrigerator - it will be even tastier.
I offer you a salad recipe with smoked chicken and carrots in Korean. A wonderful salad in haste: vegetables brighten up the spicy taste of carrots, and onions add an interesting bitterness.
- We cut one head of onion (it is better to take purple, it is not so bitter) into thin half rings.
- Tip. If you do not have salad onions, then ordinary onions will need to be marinated to remove the bitterness. To do this, cut the onion into thin half rings, add a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of vinegar. Pour warm water and let stand for 10-15 minutes. After this time, drain the water.
- One large smoked ham is cut into thin strips.
- 150 grams of young white cabbage (can be replaced by Peking) thinly shred.
- We spread all the prepared products in the salad bowl, add 200 grams of carrots in Korean, salt to taste, add your favorite spices.
- Season to taste with mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly. Let it brew for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator and serve.
Korean carrots can be mixed with vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, onions, bell peppers), add cooked and smoked meat, sausage and seafood, season with mayonnaise and olive oil. The number of dishes using carrots in Korean can be limited only by your imagination. And our site “Very tasty” will help you diversify the menu.