Awesome pickled eggplants - perhaps the most successful recipe for eggplant dishes. A large number of vegetables, aromatic garlic and celery complement and reveal the incredible taste of eggplant. The vegetables themselves are moderately sharp and salty. I used to not always succeed in cooking them so deliciously, but this recipe exceeded all my hopes and expectations. The dish turns out to be very tasty, a bit like the taste of pickled mushrooms with vegetables. I wish you to cook it - and enjoy a simple and very home-made snack.
- fresh eggplant - 3 kilograms;
- sweet bell pepper - 0.5 kilograms;
- fresh tomatoes - 700 grams;
- celery greens - a large bunch;
- garlic - 2-3 heads;
- onions - 3 medium pieces;
- Cayenne pepper - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil (I have sunflower oil) - 1 cup (approximately 200 milliliters);
- table vinegar 9% - 170 milliliters;
- water - 3 liters;
- salt - 3 tablespoons with a slide.
Funky pickled eggplant. Step by step recipe
- Let's start by preparing our vegetables. We wash the vegetables and green stalks of celery under running water. Let it drain excess water.
- Choose eggplants of approximately the same size so that the slices into which we will cut them are more or less the same. The most suitable are eggplants with a length of approximately 15 centimeters.
- Eggplant will be cut into large pieces (slices). To do this, clean the vegetable. Cut off the stalk and "nose". Cut the eggplant into two halves, then each half into four parts. Transfer everything to a separate deep bowl. We put it aside for now.
- I suggest chopping bell pepper into half rings. First, we cut off the top of the pepper, then remove the stalk and seeds that are inside it. Cut into two halves and cut into not too thin and not too thick half rings. Also, for convenience, send in a separate bowl.
- We cut the tomatoes and onions in half rings, approximately a little thicker than 0.5 centimeters. And transfer to two separate bowls.
- Hot peppers, which will add a spicy flavor to the dish, cut into strips.
- Garlic must first be peeled and put in a saucer. We will squeeze it out using the press, immediately before putting the vegetables into the pan.
- Chop the green celery stalks with a knife.
- Pre-measure vinegar and oil with a measuring cup and set aside.
- When everything is prepared, you can begin the main process. It is necessary to take a pan of large volume, in which it will be necessary to boil the eggplant. I have a five liter pan.
- We collect three liters of water in it, a little more than half the pan. Add salt. When the water boils, pour in the vinegar. Mix. Then gently, in boiling water, put the chopped eggplant. Cover with a lid and cook until the water boils. Then cook without a lid: about 7 minutes. The main thing is not to digest and not overexpose.
- Spread in a colander and let drain excess water.
- While the eggplants are in a colander, we put a frying pan on the stove, pour vegetable oil (if possible, olive oil) and warm it a little. This means when you hear a small crack, as if the oil is starting to release bubbles, turn everything off and put the pan to the side.
- Now we take that pan in which the eggplants were boiled. With water and wipe dry.
- The number of eggplants was divided into approximately two parts. This is so that we can equally distribute them into two layers in the pan.
- At the bottom, lay out a few twigs of celery, and squeeze a couple of cloves of garlic.
- We put a couple of tomato slices and warm eggplant slices. Eggplant fill completely the bottom layer in the pan. Squeeze a couple of garlic cloves on top of them. Water everything with a small amount of vegetable oil. Then again put a little celery on top and transfer with bell pepper, onion and hot pepper. Spread tomato slices on top
- Then we distribute the eggplants in the second row: in the same way as we did at the beginning. Spread them close together. Squeeze a head of garlic on them and sprinkle with vegetable oil.
- Then we repeat the layers of vegetables: celery, bell pepper, bitter pepper, onion and tomatoes. Spread all the vegetables that remain and squeeze the garlic. Pour the remaining vegetable oil.
- Now you need to cover the top not with a lid, but with a plate, and put some kind of cargo. It is necessary that the pan stands in the kitchen for a day, and then rearrange it (on the second day) in a cold place: a refrigerator or a cellar.
- After a day, for convenience, you can put the eggplant in jars and put in a cool place.
So ready funky pickled eggplant. A very tasty and light snack, which can be eaten just from a can, perfectly fits absolutely any side dish. The aroma of green stalks of celery and garlic gives an unforgettable taste to eggplant. Decorate the appetizer with fragrant fresh herbs - and serve. Cook always in a good mood - and your culinary masterpieces will only please. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a pleasant appetite! Photos and videos belong to Olga Papsueva.