Dear friends, today I want to share a very simple and quick recipe for making awesome stewed eggplant in Georgian. Homemade eggplants are very juicy, bright, and the aroma is such that it can not be expressed in words. Georgian spicy eggplants should definitely be cooked at home and taste their pleasant taste.
- one small onion;
- two medium-sized eggplants;
- two bell peppers;
- three medium sized tomatoes;
- seasoning hops-suneli - two teaspoons;
- several branches of fresh dill;
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and black pepper to your liking.
Funky stewed eggplant in Georgian. Step by step recipe
- What I love about this Georgian eggplant recipe is its simplicity. We just take turns preparing vegetables and sending them to the pan. Simple, fast, delicious.
- We start to cook.
- The onion head is peeled, washed and finely chopped with a sharp knife.
- We put a frying pan on the stove (preferably with a thick bottom and high sides), pour vegetable oil into it (you can use any vegetable oil that you like: sunflower, olive) and heat it.
- We send the chopped onion to the pan and fry it for one minute over medium heat.
- In the meantime, wash my eggplant under running water, cut the stem and the opposite tip, cut into large circles. The thickness of the circles is about one centimeter. Eggplant peel does not need to be cleaned. The exception is damaged and rotten places that must be cut off.
- If the eggplant is very thick (and it often happens), then we cut it in half and then cut in half rings.
- We send the eggplants to the pan and fry them, but for now we are preparing the following vegetables.
- Wash the green bell pepper well. We remove the stalk and seeds. Cut the pepper into small pieces.
- Add the prepared pepper to the pan and mix with a spoon (spatula).
- Wash ripe juicy tomatoes and cut into small cubes with a knife.
- We send the tomatoes to the pan.
- Now add the seasoning of hops-suneli, salt the homemade eggplants to your liking, add a little freshly ground black pepper, and mix everything well with a spatula. It is the seasoning of the Suneli hops that gives Georgian stewed eggplants a special piquancy and aroma. After all, this is a traditional Georgian spicy mixture of spices, which goes well with both vegetable dishes and meat.
- We cover our vegetables with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- A bunch of fresh green dill is finely chopped with a knife.
- We lay the finished eggplant in Georgian on a plate and sprinkle with chopped dill. Also stewed eggplant perfectly complement the cilantro.
- Help yourself!
Awesome stewed eggplant in Georgian is very tasty both in hot and in cold form. They can be eaten as an independent dish, supplementing it with fresh bread cake. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite. Cook with us.