I want to share a recipe for funky tomatoes, like from a barrel. It is difficult for urban residents to find barrels for pickling vegetables, but this recipe is a great way to solve the problem. There is nothing complicated in the preparation, everything is very simple, but the result is amazing, the tomatoes are so delicious that it is impossible to tear yourself away from them. My family likes tomatoes cooked in this way, they immediately disappear from the table. This recipe is used by many of my girlfriends, and he continues to conquer many more housewives with his taste. Such tomatoes will help diversify your daily menu.
- 6 pieces of sweet pepper (large enough);
- 6 heads of garlic;
- 6 three-liter cans of tomatoes;
- 3 cups sugar;
- 1 cup of salt;
- 3 cups of vinegar 9%;
- 18 tablets of aspirin;
- 3 pieces of chili pepper (or 6 pieces of small size).
Funky tomatoes, like from a barrel. Step by step recipe
- First you need to prepare the tomatoes: they need to be washed well and put into three-liter jars.
- I sterilize the cans. I do this with a steam bath. They can also be washed with soda. Choose a method convenient for you, but the main thing is that the banks are clean.
- Next, you need to peel the garlic.
- After rinsing, peel the sweet pepper from the seeds and cut into slices.
- Rinse hot peppers and peel seeds.
- We turn to the twisting of garlic with a meat grinder.
- Then twist the chili pepper.
- We also twist the bell pepper.
- We take a container in which you can pour 6 liters of 200 milliliters of water. After pour salt, sugar and mix until they are completely dissolved.
- Then add the vinegar and mix again.
- Add the twisted vegetables to the ingredients in the container and mix thoroughly. The resulting marinade is poured into jars of tomatoes.
- Tip. When pouring the marinade, try to scoop up so that twisted vegetables come across.
- When the marinade is poured into a jar, put three aspirin tablets and close the capron lid.
- Aspirin gives vegetables elasticity, it copes well with bacteria, which allows vegetables to maintain their beneficial properties, and also with it, seals can be stored for longer.
- Thus we distinguish the whole marinade in banks with tomatoes.
Tips for choosing a tomato:
- Overripe tomatoes are not recommended, they should be resilient.
- The tomato peel must be dense, otherwise the thin one will burst quickly during the cooking process, the tomato will spread and lose its shape.
- Pay attention to the size of the fruit, it is best to use small ones, they are easier to put in a jar.
- It is advisable to use tomatoes of the same size and degree of ripeness, this will help the fermentation process to be uniform, all tomatoes will taste the same.
- The peel should be without spots, damage, have a uniform color.
- Before use, they must be washed very well.
- To make the tomatoes tastier, take them with juicy, sweet and dense pulp.
Be sure to take this recipe into your culinary piggy bank and cook at home, you will be satisfied and you will cook tomatoes only in this way. I store tomatoes in the cellar, you can also in the refrigerator, and you can taste them after about a couple of weeks, then, of course, you should be patient. These tomatoes can be put on the festive table, believe me, your guests will be satisfied. Visit the site “Very Delicious”, cook with us and enjoy your delicious dishes with your family. Bon appetit - and cook with pleasure.