Funky Turkish gözleme with filling are perfect as a delicious and hearty breakfast for the whole family. For the first time I tried this amazing dish in a Turkish resort: I was delighted with the taste and ease of preparation. Very fast to cook, and at the same time very tender and crispy, gozleme became a bright discovery at that time. Both adults and children will really like such sweets: they will definitely ask for an addition. So, enough talk: they must be tried. Today we are preparing Turkish gozleme cakes at home.
- 1 chicken egg;
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- pita bread (or prepare the dough yourself, I will indicate the recipe below).
If you have not bought pita bread, then the following ingredients will be needed on the dough for gözleme:
- wheat flour - 2 cups;
- warm water - 1 glass;
- dry yeast - 5 grams;
- half a teaspoon of sugar and salt;
- a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Funky Turkish gozleme with filling. Step by step recipe
- We drive an egg into a small container, lightly beat it with a fork or mixer: as you prefer.
- Pour a glass of milk into the egg mass and mix until a homogeneous consistency.
- We take pita bread, spread on a working surface. Then, with the egg-milk mixture, lightly grease the pita.
- Grate the cheese on a large grater, and cut the sausage into small cubes.
- We spread the grated cheese in the middle of the pita bread, wrap it on one side, again lubricate it with an egg-milk mixture, then wrap the opposite side, again lubricate it.
- Wrap the sides, forming the shape of a rectangle.
- We put the pan on low heat, pour the vegetable oil. When it warms up, put the gözleme with the filling to fry: it should be fried on both sides for several minutes.
- We take the second pita bread and wrap it in the same way as the previous one. For the second gözleme cake, we use a sausage filling according to a simple recipe. Then fry on both sides, remove from heat.
Wonderful Turkish gözleme tortillas with filling are ready. Now I’ll tell you how to cook a simple dough.
- Sift the flour through a strainer, pour it into a working container. Add salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, we dilute the yeast with warm water, let them brew for a couple of minutes and pour into the flour.
- Pour in vegetable oil and begin to knead the dough until a homogeneous, plastic state. We put it in a container and cover with cling film: the dough should stand at room temperature for half an hour.
- Then cut into small pieces: about the size of a chicken egg (or measure out 100 grams).
- We roll out each piece very thinly. Then there are two options: either fry them in advance, and then start, or start the raw dough, and then, when frying, it will be cooked. Decide for yourself.
Delicious crispy cakes will be your favorite breakfast and snack foods. Discover delicious dishes with the Very Delicious website.