Do you like mushrooms? If yes, then this dish is for you: I want to share a recipe for funky zucchini (like mushrooms) for the winter. A feature of zucchini is that they have a neutral, not pronounced taste, and they absorb the aromas of those products with which they are prepared. Our simple recipe will help you cook zucchini that tastes like wild mushrooms. It turns out just a great snack: zucchini fragrant, resilient, crunchy, and most importantly - to taste, like mushrooms.
- 3 kilograms of squash;
- a bunch of parsley;
- a bunch of dill;
- 3 carrots;
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- half a glass of sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 100 grams of vegetable oil;
- 100 grams of 9% vinegar.
Funky zucchini, like mushrooms for the winter. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the zucchini: they need to be washed, peeled and cut into large pieces or cubes.
- Young zucchini are much better for this recipe. If you have overripe zucchini, then you need to remove large seeds from them.
- Next, the carrots need to be washed, peeled and cut into thin circles.
- Prepare the garlic: it needs to be peeled and cut into a small cube (you can use a knife or use a grater, press).
- We turn to dill: it needs to be washed, dried from excess fluid and cut.
- We take parsley and also, like dill, wash, dry and chop.
- After all the ingredients are cut, take a convenient pan and pour zucchini, carrots, garlic, parsley and dill into it.
- Add half a glass of sugar, two tablespoons of salt and one tablespoon of ground black pepper to the vegetables in the pan.
- After that, add one hundred grams of vegetable oil and 100 grams of nine percent vinegar. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- When all the ingredients are well mixed, you need to cover them and leave to marinate for three hours.
- After the vegetables are pickled, they must be put in jars to the top, the juice from the vegetables remaining in the saucepan must be poured into banks.
- We proceed to sterilization. Pour water into the pan, put the cans (the water should not reach the top of the cans a little so that it does not get into the cans when boiling), covered with lids, and send to the fire. Sterilize the jars for 15 minutes (after boiling water in a pan).
- After fifteen minutes have passed, you need to get the cans out of the pan and roll up the lids.
- Flip the rolled cans upside down, to see that juice does not flow out of them: they should be tightly closed. Next, cover the banks for a day with a blanket.
Funky zucchini with mushroom flavor for the winter - ready: you need to store them in a cool dark place. Zucchini prepared in this way will become an original and piquant appetizer, which can be served with potatoes or meat dishes. The main thing is not to be afraid to experiment - and the result will certainly surprise you. On the site "Very tasty" you can find a lot of recipes for dishes from zucchini. Enjoy your meal!