This appetizer has a million names and cooking options: great eggplant garlic rolls. Hearty, healthy and incredibly beautiful eggplant rolls with tomatoes are the perfect decoration for any table. The eggplant appetizer, prepared according to this basic recipe, has an amazingly juicy and piquant taste. Garlic eggplant rolls fit perfectly into your daily diet - it's just a hit of the season.
- one medium eggplant;
- 2 small tomatoes;
- 30 grams of dill or parsley;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 4-5 tablespoons of sour cream;
- salt and black pepper - to taste;
- 30-50 grams of walnuts;
- 30-40 milliliters of sunflower oil.
Great garlic eggplant rolls. Step by step recipe
- Wash the eggplants, cut the tails (do not need to peel), cut thin along the plates (about 5 millimeters thick).
- We lay eggplants in a deep bowl, pouring each layer with salt. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- We ourselves will prepare all the products for the filling at this time. In a mortar or blender, it is necessary to grind the walnuts (they should not turn into powder, but be small pieces).
- Finely chop the greens and transfer to a bowl of sour cream.
- In a bowl with sour cream and herbs we’ll send the garlic passed through a press, pepper to taste. We add very little salt so as not to oversalt (our eggplants will be salty). Mix. With this sauce we will lubricate the rolls.
- In tomatoes, remove the stalk and cut into small cubes. Put in a separate bowl.
- Drain the water from the eggplant, wash it, dry it with a paper towel or napkins.
- We put the pan on the fire, pour the vegetable oil. We lay eggplant in a well-heated oil. We fry on medium heat from two sides, until golden brown. Then we shift to a plate covered with a paper towel.
- We start making rolls when the eggplants have cooled a little.
- We grease each plate of eggplant with sour cream sauce, put a tomato bar, sprinkle with walnuts, turn it into a roll.
- We put eggplant rolls with tomatoes in a small bowl, sprinkle with herbs.
Eggplant rolls can be cooked with different fillings. The most popular ingredient is cheese, and in combination with garlic it will ennoble any appetizer. Often, mayonnaise, tomatoes, herbs, peppers, sausages and meat products are added to rolls. All kinds of spices, seasonings and sauces give a special taste and aroma to garlic eggplant rolls. You can look at other recipes for eggplant dishes on our site “Very tasty”.